B4 CVDs and tires

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Brat
Approved Member

B4 CVDs and tires

Post by Brat »

I know that I need to change the drive shaft to 3/16" if I wanna run the B2,B3 and B4's 2.2" wheels. Anyone got any idea if I can use the CVDs meant for B4 on my gold pan?
Also, can I use Tamiya tires on AE wheels? I think Tamiya's tires have got thicker seams. Please advise. Thanks.

metaldog

Post by metaldog »

As a matter of fact yes you can on both questions. To use the B4 cvds you need to get a pair of rear arms from the new Traxxas bandit. Then you will need to dremel the rear suspension mounts so that the arms fit and are lined up with the outdrives. The holes in the Bandit arms are 1/8" so you can use the RC10 hinge pins and rear hubs without drilling them out. Also be sure to use B4 rims since the arms are longer. If you don't then the rear has a wider stance. Using B4 rims will be closer to what the old offset is. Also I have a Tamiya Sand Viper and tried the tires on both the B4 and B2/B3 rims and they fit no problem. Hope that helps you.

It is also possible to use Traxxas Bandit or Tamiya rims on the gold pan RC10 with some simple changes.

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

metaldog wrote:As a matter of fact yes you can on both questions. To use the B4 cvds you need to get a pair of rear arms from the new Traxxas bandit. Then you will need to dremel the rear suspension mounts so that the arms fit and are lined up with the outdrives. The holes in the Bandit arms are 1/8" so you can use the RC10 hinge pins and rear hubs without drilling them out. Also be sure to use B4 rims since the arms are longer. If you don't then the rear has a wider stance. Using B4 rims will be closer to what the old offset is. Also I have a Tamiya Sand Viper and tried the tires on both the B4 and B2/B3 rims and they fit no problem. Hope that helps you.

It is also possible to use Traxxas Bandit or Tamiya rims on the gold pan RC10 with some simple changes.
Thanks so much for your valuable info buddy!!!

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

Anyway, the B2's CVDs should fit without changing the arms right?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Brat wrote:Anyway, the B2's CVDs should fit without changing the arms right?
the only thing you'll need to change to use the b2 cvd's are the 4 hub carrier bearings to 3/8" x 3/16" flanged. you can't use b4 wheels though, since they have more negative offset than the b2/b3 rear wheels.

i also read on another forum that duratrax nitro evader rear wheels are identical to the b2/b3 rear wheels. something to try if you can't find any ae rims. they come in some cool colors, too. :wink:

http://www.avidrc.com/?action=item&id=88

SUPERDAD
Approved Member

Post by SUPERDAD »

Tower has the yellow B2/B3 wheels back in stock, and the ProII(still looks like a sprinter) body. Looks like a lot of bodies are out of stock. Need to make an order and gonna try some duratrax wheels. :?:
"Sometimes in life, you ain't gotta like it. You just gotta do it." Quote from my own SUPERDAD. RIP 5/10/14

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

scr8p wrote:
the only thing you'll need to change to use the b2 cvd's are the 4 hub carrier bearings to 3/8" x 3/16" flanged. you can't use b4 wheels though, since they have more negative offset than the b2/b3 rear wheels.

i also read on another forum that duratrax nitro evader rear wheels are identical to the b2/b3 rear wheels. something to try if you can't find any ae rims. they come in some cool colors, too. :wink:

You are the man! Thanks so much!

beardxxxd
Approved Member

Post by beardxxxd »

Brat wrote:
scr8p wrote:

You are the man! Thanks so much!

be thankful u didnt ask this question 6 months ago :)
u might want to pick up an extra shim pack $2 shim = little washers just in case
RC10 Team

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

beardxxxd wrote:be thankful u didnt ask this question 6 months ago
ya, really..............................

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

haha! Just won a pair of B4's front and rear wheels with tires and a pair of B4's stock rear axles in Ebay at a very good price! Hope to use it on my gold tub. Now gonna order some ball bearings! Now i'm really hooked onto the RC10s and had started ordering parts online since i joined this forum! Contagious!!! Been buying online almost every three days!

metaldog

Post by metaldog »

Yeah the Nitro evader wheels work. But has to be nitro evader the electric evader rims have to be drilled, the nitro evader's axle's are tapered from 5mm to 3/16" strange they did that but cool with me since they fit the 3/16" axles. :D !! I have a Nitro Evader and tried them in the past. You can get them in blue,green,white, and yellow.

metaldog

Post by metaldog »

Brat wrote:haha! Just won a pair of B4's front and rear wheels with tires and a pair of B4's stock rear axles in Ebay at a very good price! Hope to use it on my gold tub. Now gonna order some ball bearings! Now i'm really hooked onto the RC10s and had started ordering parts online since i joined this forum! Contagious!!! Been buying online almost every three days!
Sweet ... I own 8 RC10s and 3 rc10Ts and 1 B4. You should look into the RPM 2.65 tranny conversion for the stealth. I love running that on my buggies. Its like $18 new from Tower. I've seen them go for about $10 - $15 on eBay when they are available.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

metaldog - does the front evader wheels accept the 3/8" bearing, or are they metric? if i'd get a pr. of the nitro evader rears, i'd like to have a matching pr. for the front, too. that's why i'm asking.

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

killer thread...

post some pics when you get it all put together, k?

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

metaldog wrote:
Brat wrote:haha! Just won a pair of B4's front and rear wheels with tires and a pair of B4's stock rear axles in Ebay at a very good price! Hope to use it on my gold tub. Now gonna order some ball bearings! Now i'm really hooked onto the RC10s and had started ordering parts online since i joined this forum! Contagious!!! Been buying online almost every three days!
Sweet ... I own 8 RC10s and 3 rc10Ts and 1 B4. You should look into the RPM 2.65 tranny conversion for the stealth. I love running that on my buggies. Its like $18 new from Tower. I've seen them go for about $10 - $15 on eBay when they are available.
The conversion is actually changing the gears ratio or what? Please advise as I've just won a Stealth...Thanks.