Tamiya TXT-2

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rcdaddy

Re: Tamiya TXT-2

Post by rcdaddy »

Here is where the short course look comes from. Bigfoot 18.

R/CVet

Post by R/CVet »

ralphee wrote:I just don't get Tamiya some days. They undo all the amazing work they do now and then with pap like this, it really is awful, and a toy in comparison with the TXT1. Give it an alloy ladder frame, and some decent rims, and i can forgive a bit, but this, and the wheelie tractor thingy.........well, they better make amends with a 959 or Egress re re lol.

lee

I have to agree which is why I've always been selective when it comes to which Tamiya kits I purchase. It seems that Tamiya missed the boat on the TXT-2 and it's disappointing, to say the least. I like the fact that the body and chassis are based on the new 1:1 Bigfoot chassis and I can see myself purchasing a body and the hop-up reservoir dampers for my TXT-1. However, I'm still not 100% clear on what the new chassis is made up of but it appears to be a weaker, semi-plastic version which garners complaints of a "downgraded" chassis. The ugly livery/name along with those Tonka toy-looking rims/tires (what makes or breaks a MT!) are absolutely horrible.

Considering it's anticipated $450-500 price tag, a lot of enthusiasts are also complaining that it still only comes with 540 motors which I agree with. It doesn't seem fair to have to upgrade the motors, wheels and tires, etc for that much money. However, I don't agree with enthusiasts complaining about the lack of an upgraded brushless/lipo-capable transmission. driveshafts, etc and here's why: Tamiya likes to focus on scale kits which includes scale performance so I don't think the TXT trucks were intended to handle what amounts to non-scale and ridiculously overkill brushless/lipo set-ups. There are other trucks from Tamiya and other manufacturers that are better suited for that kind of power. 1:1 MTs can't do much more than 70mph so I think the TXT's stock equipment reflects those capabilities. The speed freak enthusiasts out there can continue to upgrade TXT parts and inappropriately overpower their rigs with brushless/lipo stuff if they want to but they can't expect Tamiya to cater to that.

On a personal note, I've had my TXT-1 for approximately 10 years and was running one NiMH battery through a Rooster reversible ESC to the stock motors all that time and, like many guys out there, thought it was underpowered and slow. Therefore, I recently doubled it's voltage to 14.4V running through a Novak Superduty XR ESC to the stock 540's, stock transmission/driveshafts and axles and have to say the increase in power/torque from this simple, appropriate upgrade is tremendous and MORE than enough for this thing (and me) to handle safely. I'm still in the process of learning to control the amount of increased bone-breaking power/torque my truck has now so I can't imagine why anyone would want even more power from a brushless set-up in this thing.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I love the TXT-1 and I'm glad to see that the TXT-2 will keep the crucial parts available, but... the Clod will always be king of the monster trucks. 8)