Wore out Gold Pan Bronco Buggy

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: Wore out Gold Pan Bronco Buggy

Post by slotcarrod »

Are you going to put some fender flares on?

66sprint6
Approved Member

Post by 66sprint6 »

I might then again I might not. The tires tuck up front and dont quite need to in the rears. If I find a good donor for some lexan flares I might do it. I got some from a Proline Bronco for my scaled bronco using the same body as this buggy. We shall see, I'm always tinkering.
Matt

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

you could use an old buggy body to keep the inners clean

66sprint6
Approved Member

Post by 66sprint6 »

Thought about that! Saw some rally and short course guys do that. I wanna put together some inner fenders mostly for looks.

On another note I took the BroncoBuggy out for a hard run and am super pleased. Need to tweak the suspension obviously but she did awesome despite. She steers hard off throttle but carries the front tires under throttle while tryin to turn. She also doesn't land very well off jumps but I figured as much with the clunky body and tweaked suspension. Main thing is I had a BLAST which means I'll actually keep fixing and upgrading her. I have a couple pics but won't be able to post em till I get to a decent computer.
Matt

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Still watching...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

66sprint6
Approved Member

Post by 66sprint6 »

Didnt get any action shots, but heres a shot with one of my Scalers that I took out with the BroncoBuggy.

Matt

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

That is such a cool project, I never would have thought of an RC10 as a scaler and I'm sure your the first! I still think fender flares and inner fenders would make it look that much better. I bet with a locked (tightened) diff you could do pretty well on the trail!

66sprint6
Approved Member

Post by 66sprint6 »

Im workin on the inner fenders as we speak, but Im wanting to keep this thing as light as possible. Im working on some flares as well, but I need another donor body I believe for the fronts. I might even do somethin a little different for the flares in the rear but Im not sure just yet. I also wanna toss an interior together for it just for fun, but for now Ill focus on the simple stuff. As for the slipper, it was slippin pretty bad so I tightened it down pretty tight and now its alot of fun. Ill mess with it and try to get it to handle a little better but overall, I just wanna bash and have fun with it and I think Im headed in the right direction!
Matt

66sprint6
Approved Member

Post by 66sprint6 »

Thought ide update the BroncoBuggy thread with the latest. Stole a page from the BlueBronco build and put some Proline Bronco fender flares on. I also took the original stock motor out and put in a fresh 27t Axial motor. She runs great now and looks ALOT better I think!!! Still need to do inner fenders and maybe some lights but I really wanna go drive it!!! I swapped the skinnies back up front for now cause the offset on the other wheels makes the tires hit the lower arms at full lock and locks the tire up. Ill fix it but I dig this look as well!

Matt

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Nice but I like the original wheels better. If you have a good radio, just turn down your EPA so you don't lock up!

66sprint6
Approved Member

Post by 66sprint6 »

I did that but the stock steering is so sloppy that it forces the wheel to full lock despite the epa's bein turned way down. I have an aluminum steering setup I picked up for my WOIN build but if it doesnt get movin soon Im gonna put it on the Bronco instead. I actually like the way the original wheels look as well but its nice to have some new rubber. Im gonna keep the oldschool RC10 wheels around and run em from time to time as well!
Matt

SRTracer121
Approved Member

Post by SRTracer121 »

awww man i just walked into this build and oh man i love it, i love seeing the beat up parts cars get slapped back together and flipped like this. you did an awesome job man! just awesome!

66sprint6
Approved Member

Post by 66sprint6 »

Thanks!!! Every single part of this build minus the Proline tires and wheels is used, abused, rebuilt, straightened, borrowed, traded, dusted off, etc. I love doin builds like this!!! I built the scaler that was in the pics with it for $80 out of pocket. I do that with just about every build I do, buy used, wore out parts and make em work again. As for the Bronco, I just wanted somethin fun to bomb around and I can already tell its gonna fullfill my expectations just fine. Weather has been terrible but I plan on gettin it out and beatin on it soon!

Matt

66sprint6
Approved Member

Post by 66sprint6 »

Got a chance to drive the Bronco a little more this weekend, but not anywhere very fun unfortunately. I zipped it around a parking lot and some grass and it went really well except for a turnbuckle coming apart (need to replace them all with newer ones in the proper length) and the motor gettin hot as hell. Im running the stock pinion gear on an Axial 27t motor and an XL5 esc with 3s lipo. I burned up a stock Associated motor using this combo and had heat issues out of a 19t motor and a Castle Sidewinder. Im gonna try it on a 2s LiPo I have and see if it helps. Im also havin issues with the dogbones not allowing the rear suspension to droop or compress much without causing a bind. Gonna order up a CVD kit, cut the shaft to proper length and tack it back together. No pics for now other than an old one with my Bronco Scaler and BroncoBuggy posing together a while back

I got some awesome RC4WD all terrain 1.55 tires that are the perfect height from a friend, got them mounted on the front rims, just need to figure out a rear rim that will work then Ill have them set. Couple tweaks and I might have somethin fun and reliable to mess with!!!

Matt

toyowner

Post by toyowner »

Here is ashortened chassis I did.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=28253