rc10 dirt oval question

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Hillbillyrcer
Approved Member

rc10 dirt oval question

Post by Hillbillyrcer »

i just bought a rc10 buggy converted to dirt oval that i will be running at a local track. my question is were can i buy parts and hopups? (havent got the car yet) just doing what i can wile wating on it to arrive.
Thunder Turtle Racing

aconsola
Approved Member

Re: rc10 dirt oval question

Post by aconsola »

that depends a little on which version of the rc10 you bought. many parts are still available at any hobby retailer. hop-ups can also be found on ebay and at some shops. welcome to the board, post pictures of what you have and we can probably help better.

Hillbillyrcer
Approved Member

Post by Hillbillyrcer »

i will try and post as soon as i get the car.
Thunder Turtle Racing

Hillbillyrcer
Approved Member

Post by Hillbillyrcer »

aconsola wrote:that depends a little on which version of the rc10 you bought. many parts are still available at any hobby retailer. hop-ups can also be found on ebay and at some shops. welcome to the board, post pictures of what you have and we can probably help better.
i think it is the six gear tranny. will the stealth trans. out of a b3 work in it?
Thunder Turtle Racing

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

HELLO This is don the Rustbucket. I have ask this question on another sight but I am looking for set up for an gold pan stock buggy with andy arms front and rear.with stock shocks and the newer wheels and tires as well as the stelth tranny.
OK can some one tell me what is a good set for a flat oval dirt track. I ran it the other night and it did not work at all. SO I grab old dependable MY RC 10 T and ran it for the rest of the night.
I want to set up this RC 10 gold pan buggie to run with the other trucks so like allways I am looking for information from those that know the gold pan better then me . I want to show them the gold pan can still do it like they use to do it .

YOU guys know this one alot better then me !! I am still learning it So whear do I go from here and how should I set it up. I spent most of the time spinging and was all over the track. MY RC 10 T ran good and I did good with it .

Thank you in advance I know some of you can help me all of you have in the pass. O one more thing I have black springs around the shocks and 30 wt oil , Thank you in advance. DON YOUR Portland Rustbucket

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Don, what you need to start with is--

What tires are everyone at the track using/what are you using?\

the most likley thing at this point is that your 10t is W I D E R than your 6 gear, so even with the wrong tire/setup the truck is more stable.

Hillbillyrcer
Approved Member

Post by Hillbillyrcer »

does anybody know were i can find a rpm gear cover for a 6 gear trans? or the part number.
Thunder Turtle Racing

Rustbucket
Approved Member

Post by Rustbucket »

GOOD Morning . On the tires I am useing Buggy silver pins. I am not sure on every body elest is using for there were trucks that night. I am also useing the stelth tranny in the buggy not the 6 gear. Was also useing the black springs. with the stock buggy body.
I see I may have to learn as I go. I was hoping some of the gold pan drivers was doing some flat oval racing.
Yes I will agree about my truck it is lot more stable. BUT it is change all of the way with alot of changes that are not stock. THE only thing that is stock on the 10 T is the pan. shock towers and that is about it . FOR I have it set up with RPM arms all the way around with Losi shocks. spindels . Also have the tranny set up with part T 4 assocated top gear so I can use the newer T 4 spure , I also have have it set up with with a 17.5 brushless with the GTB set up all the way. 30 weight oil in the shocks with blue springs.
also useing 78 spure with a 21 pinion. she handles grate. Like I say she is not stock at all just a little . That Is why I call it old depenable.
SO now I what i am trying to do now ? is set up a gold pan to work so I can show the gold pans can still it that is why I am trying to fine out some answers. So any and all ideas Will be gratefull . If any of you have any more ideas Please let me know, I am doing what I can on this gold pan. To make it work.
Thank you , DON