Restored 10Ts

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ChicagoRC10T
Approved Member

Restored 10Ts

Post by ChicagoRC10T »

I've finished restoring my two RC10Ts this fall thanks to the help of this board. They had been collecting dust for about 15 years. Amazingly, everything still works, even my Panasonic 1700 NiCads.

Both are pretty much stock.

Truck 1 is the original issue 10T with bearings:
Novak 610RV
Reedy Mr.R
I set this truck up to look like an oversized buggy with the skinny front wheels and an old RC10 shell (more on that in another post). This truck was full of rust and dirt (I used to love to take it off snow jumps), and still shows some wear and tear, but everything is original. I wish I had some "before" pics to share.

Truck 2 is the factory team issue
Novak 610HRV
Reedy Mr.A
This truck is also stock, except for some new ball cups, servo, and rear tires. I remember getting this truck so I didn't feel bad about trashing the first one. It was alway kind of a backup, rarely driven, and thus the chassis is almost perfect. I had an old body (proline?) that was never painted, so I finished it up with rattle cans and some T4 stickers.

Some pics...

ChicagoRC10T
Approved Member

Re: Restored 10Ts

Post by ChicagoRC10T »

... had to take some low res pics
Attachments
Bottoms up
Bottoms up
Shells off
Shells off
Shells on
Shells on

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Nice!!! That "Buggy" looks awesome on there. I dont remember anyone else doing that before, but I could be wrong (as I often am, hehe). Oh, and the Truck is cool too. lol

Drusky
Approved Member

Post by Drusky »

Lovely. I think the RC10T is my favourite associated product. Alu chassis and stability FTW!

ChicagoRC10T
Approved Member

Post by ChicagoRC10T »

Thanks guys. Monster, interestingly enough it was my involvement in paintball (looking at your avatar) that put these cars on the shelf. Speaking of which, I have some VM68's that could use some restoration as well...

I do want to upgrade the dogbones to CVDs on the first truck. It's noticeably louder, though maybe it's coming from the transmission or spur gear. Both spur gears seemed a little warped and probably need to be replaced.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

ChicagoRC10T wrote:Thanks guys. Monster, interestingly enough it was my involvement in paintball (looking at your avatar) that put these cars on the shelf. Speaking of which, I have some VM68's that could use some restoration as well...
Ahhh, VM68s....aka ANVILS. :lol: :lol: That was the first Paintball Gun I bought for my own personal use. The first ones I bought were for our Rental Fleet. I have one Complete, and one in pieces. Havent fired the complete one, in probably 8 years. I bet parts for them could be HARD to find. How many you got??

ChicagoRC10T
Approved Member

Post by ChicagoRC10T »

Some updates on the trucks. I've decided to shelf the Team 10T in the stock configuration and turn the other in to a basher. It's now got an RPM transmission, CVDs, new spur gear and some blue hardware. The pictures are of the basher. Now I just need to find a good place to run it! Still want to eventually add some RPM arms, swap out the rod ends to reduce backlash and maybe new electronics. I guess it wouldn't be a hobby if there was an endgame.

Re: Paintball, I've got two VMs, and yes, they were a haul to run around with! One has the urban cammo, with a smart parts barrel. The other has the VMX conversion. I think both have venturi bolts. All I ever had to replace on them were o-rings and maybe a valve seal, after many cases of paint and plenty of times being dropped in the mud and slammed against trees. They eventually got replaced with an automag.
Attachments
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0016_2.JPG