interchangeable parts for rc10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

clayboy

interchangeable parts for rc10

Post by clayboy »

I have an "A" chassis gold pan. I would like to know about interchangeable parts from later models that were introduced by Associated that would work for my car. Specifically: bearings, wheels, drive train, steering, etc.
"Get me a beer and hog foot!"

SteveK
Approved Member

Re: interchangeable parts for rc10

Post by SteveK »

You'll have to drill holes in the chassis for a Stealth transmission, but that's about it. The newer front suspension arms are longer, but the mounts are the same, and the front shock tower changed to fit slightly longer shocks, but everything else is pretty interchangeable. Even the motor plate remains the same from the original car to the Stealth.

It was after the introduction of the RC10B2, but Associated switched to a 3/16x3/8 bearing for the rear wheels, which are more durable. You can get axles for those and run dogbones, or switch over to MIP CVDs altogether. Wheels for the 1/4" axles aren't made anymore, unless you use a wheel with a 12mm hex and a pair of HPI adapters.

clayboy

Re: interchangeable parts for rc10

Post by clayboy »

Thanks Steve. I also go this graphite rc10 that a friend gave me way back when. It's got a MIP trans dyed parts (yuck). It has fat tires, Twister motor and Novak esc. I think this may be a stealth trans. What do you think?
"Get me a beer and hog foot!"