ebay/paypal advice needed

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

fastang
Approved Member

ebay/paypal advice needed

Post by fastang »

Let me start by saying the $ amount im complaining about is small. Its more about doing the right thing!

I recently bought two different bike parts on ebay. Both were BIN items. When I went to pay for the parts I realized the payment went to the same name however the auctions were listed under two different names. I contacted the seller to ask about combined shipping. Here is a copy paste of that:

Dear e-z_auctions,

Hi, I just purchased these pegs as well as a chainring bolt set in another
auction. Will you combine shipping and refund the difference? Thanks much!

-mustangtwon

Reply:
Dear mustangtwon,

Hello, Yes, the warehouse will put them together Monday and ship it priority mail. Then they will paypal you the refund the same day. Thank you for the orders and have a great weekend.

- e-z_auctions

A few days went by and then the parts showed up in two different packages and I received no refund on shipping. I contacted the seller again:

Dear e-z_auctions,

Hi,
I just received the two items and they came in two seperate packages
and no refund was ever made for combined shipping to paypal like you said
it would be. Please let me know how you want to handle this? Thanks,
Mike

-mustangtwon

Reply:
Dear mustangtwon,

Hello, I see the axle pegs for you and they were shipped. What other item did you purchase from my listings on E-Z-Auctions. Thank you

- e-z_auctions

At this point I have a good idea whats going on. Here is my reply to this:

Dear e-z_auctions,

I see whats going on here and Im not sure I like it. We'll see how it turns out. I purchased the pegs, item# 150416822327 from you and payment was made to TSS. The second item was a set of chainring bolts, item# 110498170039 and payment was also made to TSS. Both the paypal payments went to the same company with the same address of 902 S. Randall Rd. C310 Saint Charles IL 60174. The only difference is the name below the company name. You are e-z_auctions and the other one is shipsharoo. I guess you both work for the same company? Please look into the matter and get back to me. Thanks,
M

- mustangtwon

Reply:
Dear mustangtwon,

Hello, We drop ship products from the same company. We are different ebay listings. If you would have stated the differenet listing names I would have gladly explained. The sales are all handled individually. Thank you

- e-z_auctions

Here is my last reply that I havn't got an answer for yet and if I had to guess I probably won't!:

Dear e-z_auctions,

Forget about where they ship from. The payment went to the same address/company. Why do you have different listing names for the same company? That doesn't even matter. Why would the payment go to the same company, the items ship from the same company, same address, yet it packed in two boxes with two shipping charges? I know why and its BS!

- mustangtwon

Here are the PP details for item #1:

Ship From:
TSS
shipsharoo
902 S Randall Rd C-310
Saint Charles, IL 60174
United States

And item #2

Ship From:
TSS
e-z_auctions
902 S Randall Rd C-310
Saint Charles, IL 60174
United States

Am I right to be pissed about this? Like I said, its a small amount of money but I hate when someone trys to take advantage of me. How should I handle this? Any advice is appreciated! Maybe im completely wrong?

Thanks

badhoopty
Approved Member

Re: ebay/paypal advice needed

Post by badhoopty »

i understand the principle, but a person like that aint worth wasting the thought on.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

The part wrong I see is that the person agreed to combine it for you and didn't follow through. If it was not stated in the aution that they would combine with the other store you can ask, but not expect them to do it. Many seperate businesses are payable to one Co. If the two ebay stores are treated as seperate and they drop ship from a third party, combining the order could be difficult.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

fastang
Approved Member

Post by fastang »

Here is the last reply from him:

Dear mustangtwon,

Hello: The items listed on this site can be combined and to assume other sites can be included is not right. You should of asked a direct question. I would have let you know up front that my items can only be processed with my items. As for why they are in different boxes as they are different sites. Thank you.

- e-z_auctions

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean? Im done with him. I will leave neg feedback.

I look at it like this. Lets say I go to a furniture store and buy a table. I pay for it and schedule it to be delivered later in the week. A few hours later I realize I really like a rocking chair they also have, so I go back and purchase that too but the salesman I bought the table from has gone home for the day so I deal with a different one. I pay for the chair and schedule it to be delivered along with the table.

Would the furniture store put the chair and table on two different trucks and charge two delivery fees to have both items show up at the same house on the same day at the same time? I don't think so!

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Well, it is not right to leave a negative for something that was not stated they would do in the aution. It is not required to combine shipping even if the Ebay store has the same name, though most do. It is up to the buyer to ask and work this out before the auction ends. Did you recieve the product as advertised in a timely manner? If so, there is no reason for a negative. Just because the same company owns two ebay stores does not mean that they work together or even have the same policies. If Chevy is offering 0% for 72 months I cannot go to the Caddilac dealer and demand the same even though they are both owned by GM. I am not being a hard ass, but I own an Ebay store and demands made after the sale are sometimes hard to deal with. Whoever you talked to should not have given bad info but as it stands they did what they stated in the listing.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

well i guess i will put my 2 cents in AND I DONT HAVE A EBAY STORE if i write to you and ask a specific question and the reply is yes when it boils out the question was not only denied but never herd of or i have your money what you going to do about it or dont care or all of the above i say slam em in the feed back thats the only thing keeping these faceless sellers of our backs. Maybe if he had said no or we can,t do that but "yes the warehouse will put it together"

Reply:
Dear mustangtwon,

Hello, Yes, the warehouse will put them together Monday and ship it priority mail. Then they will paypal you the refund the same day. Thank you for the orders and have a great weekend.

- e-z_auctions

Paul

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

ok i may be off here but the guy stated that he drop ships. just cause the parent company is the same don't make the sellers the same.

cafepress for example. anyone can go and setup a store and sell t-shirts with custom images. some one goes to 2 different cafepress stores and orders a shirt from each. pays for them separately. both payments go to cafepress not the people that set up the store. both shirts will be shipped in separate boxes. then cafepress pays each seller their cut.

each order from each seller gets transmitted to cafepress. cafepress treats those orders exactly as they are. 2 different orders from 2 different stores. due to billing and payments that will go to each seller cafepress can not combine the shipping nor do they save money by packing the items in one box.

1. there is no extra money from shipping being made off of you.
2. you agreed to buy and pay the shipping for each item when you ordered the items.
3. if you wanted to save a little with combined shipping you should have bought items from the same seller.

the seller may very well have more than one account that they sell from but if they are just selling drop shipped items it would not be uncommon for the payment to go directly to the parent company the same way cafepress is done.

i'm sorry i do not see where the seller is at fault on this one. but for the record i feel if someone does not possess an item that they are selling then they should not be allowed to sell on ebay.

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

maybe i went off a bit but this happens to me to the seller says something and its like he just wants to agree to anything as long as you pay up front once he has the money attitudes change i think the rule for coming on this forum for me should be have my first cig and cupa joe before i read or reply :oops:

Paul