Dahms Bodies for RC10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

4times
Approved Member

Dahms Bodies for RC10

Post by 4times »

Anyone have any pics of the Dahms Warrior i and II for the RC10? Are they being repro'd by anyone? Thanks.

a01butal
Approved Member

Re: Dahms Bodies for RC10

Post by a01butal »

I have one with the underbody, don't think anybody is reproducing these as the guy "VansInvent" warned anyone to be carefull not to repro any of his shells but then hasn't made any bodies as far as can be seen for 4 or 5 years. This is my Warrior body with underbody and it was a couple of years locating the body as I found the underbody 1st.
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG

This is all very interesting!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

If Dahms is defunct ( which it is ) and these are not in production ( which they aren't ) then he has no grounds for dictating to anyone whether or not the are reproduced. And if they were and he decided ( which he won't ) to take some one to court for loss of income, or copyright infringement ( which there is none ) then he would be laughed out of court, and bo out his legal expenses, and yours ( which is funny )

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

They came back for a short time ; offering bodies here, and at TC I believe. turned out uggly when a couple members disagreed with his requested payment methods and the Van's invent guy reacted angrily and vanished again.

SnoopMaxx  It’s my birthday!
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

Charlie don't surf wrote:If Dahms is defunct ( which it is ) and these are not in production ( which they aren't ) then he has no grounds for dictating to anyone whether or not they are REproduced. And if they were and he decided ( which he won't ) to take some one to court for loss of income, or copyright infringement ( which there is none ) then he would be laughed out of court, and bo out his legal expenses, and yours ( which is funny )

I got a goood laugh from your well written statement
And it's true as well :lol:
Morten Max

4times
Approved Member

Post by 4times »

This looks a little different than the Warrior body I had, so I must have had the Warrior II. I have vhs video of it, but no pics :(

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

The internet archive shows this page for the Dahm's Warrior II, I think they look pretty similar.
http://web.archive.org/web/20041015142424/dahms-intl.com/d170.html
Here's the Warrior I showed you above. http://web.archive.org/web/20041015142153/dahms-intl.com/d105.html

This is all very interesting!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

If cds is correct ( and I think he is ) . Then someone ( mrlexan ) needs to repro the body ( Dahm’s Warrior ) just to see if he ( VansInvent ) tries to sue. I ( THEYTOOKMYTHUMB ) would gladly pay ( no I wouldn’t ) the legal fees involved. :lol:

What was the body that looked like an alien craft or something in the late 80’s maybe early 90’s? I think Parma made it. It was sorta like a buggy body until it came past the cockpit. Then it was just a big flat piece that went up like a giant wing. It was just one big unibody though. I’ve been thru this site pretty extensively over the years and have never seen one. I’m sure They’re
here. They were very popular at our track at least. I clicked on this thinking that was what it was, which is why I brought it up. It’s not just a random thought like you might think…anyway, if anyone knows what I mean please post a pic.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:If cds is correct ( and I know he is ) . Then someone ( mrlexan ) needs to repro the body ( Dahm’s Warrior ) just to see if he ( VansInvent ) tries to sue. I ( THEYTOOKMYTHUMB ) would gladly pay ( no I wouldn’t ) the legal fees involved. :lol:

What was the body that looked like an alien craft or something in the late 80’s maybe early 90’s? Then it was just a big flat piece that went up like a giant wing. I’m sure They’re
here. if anyone knows what I mean please post a pic.
Hey thumber, I fixed the first part of your post :mrgreen: because if CDS says it...it is so.

The body is here...somewhere. It was in a dahms body catalog type post or in a link to a site but I know I've seen it awhile back. It wasn't the main part of the topic but I believe it was 'voted one of the most ugly bodies I've ever seen' by one of the gurus here on the board :lol: . Not pickin on the body by any means cuz I like the different stuff and at the time was still pretty new here so I don't remember much more about it with all the learning goin on at the time about 'the old stuff'.
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

I'm thinkin now that it was in a thread with someone wanting to see what a chenowith(?) body was and one of the guru's brought up a link or a catalog page for it. I don't remember how to spell it so its really hard to use the search for it :? ...
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

tulsa
Approved Member

Post by tulsa »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:If cds is correct ( and I think he is ) . Then someone ( mrlexan ) needs to repro the body ( Dahm’s Warrior ) just to see if he ( VansInvent ) tries to sue. I ( THEYTOOKMYTHUMB ) would gladly pay ( no I wouldn’t ) the legal fees involved. :lol:

What was the body that looked like an alien craft or something in the late 80’s maybe early 90’s? I think Parma made it. It was sorta like a buggy body until it came past the cockpit. Then it was just a big flat piece that went up like a giant wing. It was just one big unibody though. I’ve been thru this site pretty extensively over the years and have never seen one. I’m sure They’re
here. They were very popular at our track at least. I clicked on this thinking that was what it was, which is why I brought it up. It’s not just a random thought like you might think…anyway, if anyone knows what I mean please post a pic.
this one?
scots%20cars%20082.jpg
i think this one is a parma(but i could be wrong)

tulsa
Approved Member

Post by tulsa »

klavy69 wrote:I'm thinkin now that it was in a thread with someone wanting to see what a chenowith(?) body was and one of the guru's brought up a link or a catalog page for it. I don't remember how to spell it so its really hard to use the search for it :? ...
Todd
here's the chenoweth for the rc10
scots%20cars%20167.jpg

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Here's a Parma Desert Eagle (I think mrlexan reproduced it at some point, but this is an OE one)

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Yes, Desert Eagle is what I was thinking of. It’s actually not as ugly as I remembered it. Maybe it was the ugly paint jobs they had on ‘em…
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

rc10johnny
Approved Member

Post by rc10johnny »

Dat Desert E sho would look good on my TQ,Me Likey!!!!!!!!