ouch not a such a smart move

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

treehugger
Approved Member

ouch not a such a smart move

Post by treehugger »

I like haveing a "small carbon footprint" but i like driving my 21 foot long f250 8) it just feels safe at i think just under three tonnes plus 1/2m tonne of tools in the back it would win in most accidents so when my brother sent me this pic i had to share .
he said it happened in new orleans

brfore and after

RIP

Paul
Attachments
image001.jpg
image002.jpg

aconsola
Approved Member

Re: ouch not a such a smart move

Post by aconsola »

It appears that it was actually a little cousin of your f-250 that got squished in that pic, not a smart car.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/smallcar.asp

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i'll help with my carbon footprint when i die. until then, bring on the old v8's with no emission equipment. :mrgreen:

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Thinking about getting this shirt.

ED

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

:lol:

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Please, drive a hybrid! I need your gas! :lol:
Gary

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

All my vehicles have two 4 cylinders in them :lol:

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

aconsola wrote:It appears that it was actually a little cousin of your f-250 that got squished in that pic, not a smart car.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/smallcar.asp
well my bro is german so i guess he had to be bias :lol:
the bigest car /engine ,well van i in england was 2.0L TDi vw

Paul

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

The car between those two trucks is not a Smart Car. It doesn't matter what kind of car you are in, check those trucks out, both are carrying full loads. If you think you're safe anything other than a semi or a tank in that situation you're nuts. Look at the hood of the red rig, chances are that guy is in the hospital.

I guess for me the most annoying part of this is the anti-environmental point of view. Call me crazy, but I like breathing clean air. Cars in America are huge and always have been. I would think that given the political situation of the past 9 years and the current cost of gasoline we might be a bit more accepting of smaller vehicles. Maybe people enjoy being constantly raped by oil companies?

PS. There is nothing dignified about the new Camaro. It's hideous.

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

I felt bad about two years ago i banned my wife from driving her karrman ghia :lol: well i took the motor out but she new why i wont let her get a scion or a ford festiva and having had a few original minis BITD when i was racing them in the local woods :roll: oh no no no.
At the moment she is driving a 67 vw westy still its not a tank but at least your not sitting looking at wheel nuts when you stop in trafic. :lol:
Having had the pleasure of driving on both sides of the pond and road, plus france germany well most of europe IMO of bad driving places,
FRANCE #1(and this isnt an englishman taking a cheap shot at his long time foe,s ) and in there defence i never been to italy :lol:
Florida,#2 it took me 25 leasons over six months to get licence when i left school and then my advanced plus i have my licence to drive at uk airports.
so when i went to get my us driving licence i was amazed to see we were not allowd out of the parking lot he said it would void his life insurance :shock: aparently FL has the highest unlicened drivers in the US so we F,ed around in the lot for 10 mins then got my licence :shock: :shock:
and third on my list was
L A #3 :roll: :shock: WOW now that was an experence
i never spent so long getting nowhere going up past the getty museum towards Burbank at 8am bring a book and plenty of cigs :lol:
Paul

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

it's not so much that i'm anti-environment. but i'm not gonna go run out an buy some friggin' hybrid or smart car just because it's great on gas milage. i have NEVER cared what kind of gas milage ANY car that i have ever owned managed to get. and until i have a 100 mile round trip work commute every single day, i never will.

not to mention, in my case, your talking to a guy with a deep love and passion for classis cars. emissions regulations is what killed the genre of cars that i love. so please forgive me if i don't really care as much as others do. :wink:

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

scr8p wrote:
not to mention, in my case, your talking to a guy with a deep love and passion for classis cars. emissions regulations is what killed the genre of cars that i love. so please forgive me if i don't really care as much as others do. :wink:

Believe it or not, I'm in the same boat Jason. I guess it's something that I am a bit schizophrenic about. I am torn because I love, love, love muscle cars, hot rods, race cars, exotic cars, etc. But at the same time I think it's time to evolve. That doesn't mean we throw all the old cars away, not by any means. But I really don't know why we don't have a new technology (electric or whatever) that would make our cars faster than the old speed machines. I mean just look at r/c and how far electric technology has come in the past 15 years, it's amazing. I don't know, I don't have the answers, if I did I'd probably be a wealthy man about right now. :lol:

Paul, I've been to Italy a few times, lived there for a bit as a student. To watch them drive is entertaining. You would think that you'd see an accident every 30 seconds, by all the time I've spent there I don't think I've seen one. I really don't understand it, but there seems to be a method to the madness with those Italians. It's a little of the same here in NYC. At first things look totally crazy (because they are) but rarely do you see an accident. Yes they happen, but it seems like they should happen much, much more often.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

My 7.3L Navistar Turbo Diesel 6200# Ford F-350 gets 31mpg hwy, 22mpg towing a 15,000# trailer-

It will also do low 11's in the 1/4 mi- but you can't see the truck from the Tree because of the soot.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

well, the technology is out there, but the ability to make it cost effective isn't..... in my opinion.

there's alot of people out there these days putting modern engines/componets in their old vehicles. the newer v8 engines deliver alot of power with the added bonus of fuel efficiency. but, even that costs quite a bit of money too.

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

MelvinsArmy wrote:
scr8p wrote:
Paul, I've been to Italy a few times, lived there for a bit as a student. To watch them drive is entertaining. You would think that you'd see an accident every 30 seconds, by all the time I've spent there I don't think I've seen one. I really don't understand it, but there seems to be a method to the madness with those Italians. It's a little of the same here in NYC. At first things look totally crazy (because they are) but rarely do you see an accident. Yes they happen, but it seems like they should happen much, much more often.
well they do produce some stunning cars in red , i guess any nation that is that passionate about fast cars must know how to control them in any conditions .
And as for hybrids as long as the oil companys have control over every aspect of the auto industry it will be an uphill climb .the scarry thing about this is neccity is mother to invention so untill the last oil rigs run dry i see a hard future for any alternatives
Paul