ryan dungey's sc10

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dsmith
Approved Member

ryan dungey's sc10

Post by dsmith »

those of you into sx/mx knows ryan dungey is fast.(i think reed is faster and stewart is way faaster)...some of you might have seen this already,i thought it was cool... Team Associated presented Rockstar/Makita/Suzuki’s Ryan Dungey with a custom SC10 based upon the popular Rockstar/Makita SC10 Brushless RTR . Team Manager Brent Thielke made the trip to Thunder Valley Motocross Park for the 5th round of the Lucas Oil Motocross Championship to present the tricked-out SC10 to the motocross championship point’s leader. Upon receiving the truck, Dungey commented how much he’d always wanted a competition-style remote-control vehicle and appreciated the scale realism of the truck. The SC10 was outfitted with all of Dungey’s main sponsors including Rockstar, Makita, Suzuki, Target, Oakley, Nike, Fox, and Leatt Brace. Given Team Associated’s working partnership with many of Dungey’s sponsors, it was only natural that Team Associated would offer such a gift to such a deserving champion. As Dungey focuses on the summer motocross championship, his SC10 will travel from event to event via a custom-wrapped Target motor coach. On Fridays, when Dungey arrives to the events, he has some down time and will no doubt find some free time to rip up the pit area with his new SC10. Congratulations to Ryan Dungey and his entire team for an outstanding 2010 Supercross season, and good luck throughout the summer in the Lucas Oil Motocross Championship.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: ryan dungey's sc10

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Too bad that MXA's info on it is that after Villapoto schooled him on track, he then came over and did smokey dougnuts around the SC10 with his Losi Eight E. Dungey then deposited the SC10 in the recycle bin next to his trailer.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Charlie don't surf wrote: Dungey then deposited the SC10 in the recycle bin next to his trailer.
Did he, for real?

As for Reed!... He is an ass hat! Dungey has way more talent than him! But you are right about Stewart being "way" faster! Look out for Ken Roczen in the next year or so! My fav is Canard, he is fast and down to earth!

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

why is reed a ass hat? :? he seems down to earth to me...
whats wrong with a sc10? i was thinking about getting one...the exact one dungey threw in the recycling bin...josh hansen seems like a very dirty rider :?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Nothing is wrong with the SC10- my post was a joke, I am not Dungey's largest fan :wink:

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Dungey inherited the Championship last year when EVERYONE that was in the hunt was knocked out with injuries. He's good, but he's not that good. He's also not the points leader, and never has been in 2011.

And Reed has been an ass-hat since he got to the US when he was 18. I couldn't stand him then, and still can't. He's a little more mature now that he's paying all of the bills, but he's still a tool. He did ride a great race last week in the rain and mud, though.

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

I'd be more impressed if it was Bob "Hurricane" Hanna accepting the rc ride.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Eau Rouge wrote:And Reed has been an ass-hat since he got to the US when he was 18. I couldn't stand him then, and still can't. He's a little more mature now that he's paying all of the bills, but he's still a tool.
Just to reiterate, he's still a pudwhack and a dirty rider (for anyone who saw Atlanta last night). I hope that move warrants a fine and/or points deduction. :x

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

what about when stewart and his teammate put the Malachi Crunch
on reed? .......

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

That was Stewart's guy, not Golden James-but even he had it would be ok- :roll:

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

dsmith wrote:what about when stewart and his teammate put the Malachi Crunch
on reed? .......
Stewart NEVER touched Reed in that pass, and his teammate was caught with nowhere else to move to. A block pass is a LOT different than running straight into someone to take them out. Dirty move by Reed, and it's not like it's the first time he's done something like that. IMO, a lot worse that what Josh Hanson did in San Diego in the Lights feature.

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

I don't like either of them, Reed or Stewy. It was hilarious watching Stewy stand on Reeds bike as they were getting up. It was good watching those two guys go at again like the 2009 season again.

I really wish they would have kept the cameras on thos two as the race ended. Of course they show Villo cross the finish line while there is tons of comotion going on between Dungy, Reed, and Stewy. Apparantly there is more after they got up but the cameras where looking else where.

If Canard can keep washing out during cornering he would two wins this year. If he can keep it on two wheels, he will do great next year.

Dungey, is dissappointing, bigtime. I really liked him in the lites class.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

I don't like Reed or Stewy either. Seemed like the only time they would do any good was when RC was hurt or retired. I WILL say they gave the viewers a great race to watch all till the last lap though. I was cheering when the green bike passed both of them when they were dicking around on the ground. :D I agree that if Canard can manage to stay on 2 wheels he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Did anybody here catch the legends of supercross show that aired on ABC? That was pretty cool.

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

Brandon G wrote:Did anybody here catch the legends of supercross show that aired on ABC? That was pretty cool.
oh yeah....it was cool when they were asking the racers who raced in that 1990 atlanta sx race what was goin through their mind in all that commotion...

i read that stewart said he was already committed in the turn or he would of let reed pass.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Just as I thought Reed was trying to grow up a "little"! He shows what a dink he is! Big Daddy James should have.... Oh well! :roll:

There was not a thing wrong with Stewarts pass!

Great race none the less! Lites was cool! Go Dean!

That Legends of Supercross show was sweet, watched it on Sunday, I loved Wardy (in a manly way!) back then! I loved the time line music they put with the years! great program!

Did you see how RC made a dirty pass for the lead and then pulled over to let him go back to first? RC is a true sportsman!