old rcca mag. article (update)

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

:D yup, that would be the one, dual.

just to make sure i'm not mixing a couple them together, does it also have an on-road converted tamiya hornet, with a chatanooga chew decaled body, and an on-road converted rc10 gold tub with a quaker state sponsored bolink body?

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

what a memory Scr8p, have you converted your brain with a hard-drive or something :lol:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Asso_man! wrote:what a memory Scr8p, have you converted your brain with a hard-drive or something :lol:
tell me about it. now i need to start remembering things my wife asks/tells me to do. :wink: :lol:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

scr8p wrote:just to make sure i'm not mixing a couple them together, does it also have an on-road converted tamiya hornet, with a chatanooga chew decaled body, and an on-road converted rc10 gold tub with a quaker state sponsored bolink body?
That is the one thing that I believe you have mixed up, I don't think that the Qstate car is in the issue that dual is referring to. If you still want me to scan that article, let me know.

Dual
Approved Member

Post by Dual »

Hi Scr8p,

First of all, kudos for the great memory. The issue I have does indeed contain the Tamiya Hornet article you queried about. The title of the article is 'Highway Hornet'.

Chattanooga is spelt with 2 t's btw ^_^. (I can't believe that you remembered that particular sponsor)

Dual

Dual
Approved Member

Post by Dual »

Also has an article on how to convert an RC10 into an on-road car. Good article btw.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Dual wrote:Hi Scr8p,

First of all, kudos for the great memory. The issue I have does indeed contain the Tamiya Hornet article you queried about. The title of the article is 'Highway Hornet'.

Chattanooga is spelt with 2 t's btw ^_^. (I can't believe that you remembered that particular sponsor)

Dual
soooo........................wanna sell it? :D or maybe i could just borrow it? i'd send it back. i promise.

jay - i have a feeling that it would be the same article, but i'll let you know.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Okie Dokie....... to be honest, the conversion looks like a bit of hack job to me, at least the rear shock mounts are. Just simple retangular aluminum with a couple of holes.

If you need Qstate decals, let me know.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

mrlexan wrote:Okie Dokie....... to be honest, the conversion looks like a bit of hack job to me, at least the rear shock mounts are. Just simple retangular aluminum with a couple of holes.

If you need Qstate decals, let me know.
actually, i want to copy the hornet. god, i can't believe i just said that. :roll:

i have always wanted to make a copy of it since the first time i saw it. to me, it just looked really cool. i have located the chattanooga chew decals, and i believe i have found the mrp asa camaro body i need for it. remember when we talked on the phone and i asked if you had one? that's what i need it for. although, i'm not gonna get a hornet until i have the decals and the body in hand. the only reason i want one is to build this car.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Too bad I sold that body before I joined the forum, could/would have been yours. Had the decals too, at least from Procuts. Keep me posted and let me know about that other stuff we PMed about. Thank you sir.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

mrlexan wrote:Too bad I sold that body before I joined the forum, could/would have been yours. Had the decals too, at least from Procuts. Keep me posted and let me know about that other stuff we PMed about. Thank you sir.
ya, i'll let you know about the parts sometime over the weekend.

well, i have just been gutted. :( i have been watching a set of the pro-cut chattanooga chew decals on ebay for quite awhile. i've been waiting to find that body before i bought them. i just went into my ebay, and they're no longer for sale. i'm hoping the seller just pulled them and didn't sell them. it never fails. that's what happens you procrastinate too long. i e-mailed the guy, so we'll see what happens.

i'm so pissed right now. :evil:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

good news. :D

i got a reply from the ebay seller that had those decals. apparently he removed a few items from his ebay store due to re-organizing to straighten out some duplication problems. he looked to make sure he still had them, and he did. so, he re-listed for me, and now i got my decals.

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

scr8p,
The mag you need is probably in this lot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150140391030 :shock:
Nice collection, but the opening bid is a bit optimistic :lol:

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

LOL, Anthony.... you beat me to it. I was gonna paste the same thing. Give me a break, why waste the fees?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

nope, i don't see it. the mag, or him getting what he's asking. :roll: