The one that got away (Cars you missed out on) thread

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

The one that got away (Cars you missed out on) thread

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

So, you stay up late and fall asleep, forgetting to bid on ebay and miss the killer deal. :?

You find a load of parts and just as the deal is about to go through the seller stops emailing. :x

You just cannot quite afford the price even though its a 'bargain' :cry:

Did you save the pictures? Does the car still haunt you? Well here's my missed bargain, from a few years ago, a Yokomo RPS SE Dog Fighter with NIB Hot Trick kit. If I had $200 and the chance to do it all again...here's just some of the pics 8)

Blue car

Red car

Car with new chassis

Hot Trick chassis and spares NIB

More Hot Trick spares NIB

More HT stuff, wings, spares, etc, etc the list goes on and on... :shock:

So what have you missed out on?

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

One of the best things about AD/HD is that I don't remember the ones that got away very long. Short-term memory issues + short attention span. :D Move right on to the next thing.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Eau Rouge wrote:One of the best things about AD/HD is that I don't remember the ones that got away very long. Short-term memory issues + short attention span. :D Move right on to the next thing.
LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saucisse
Approved Member

Post by saucisse »

Eau Rouge wrote:One of the best things about AD/HD is that I don't remember the ones that got away very long. Short-term memory issues + short attention span. :D Move right on to the next thing.
Same thing here... I guess that I don't really get emotionnally involved with my toys :lol: :lol:
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!

olderacer
Approved Member

Post by olderacer »

what were we talking about? :wink: where am i? who am i? no wonder all my rc cars are in pieces! lol

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

It's the same reason why I have 20 projects with only 1 or 2 completed cars. :shock: And why I can't stick with one race car for longer than 6 months...

SUPERDAD
Approved Member

Post by SUPERDAD »

If anybody remembers the stupid old car movie" The Gumball Rally", there is a scene where a driver rips the rearview mirror off the windshield and chunks it to the side of the road. Then he tells his co-driver " What is behind you is of no importance". While the flick was really silly, I have used that quote many times in the years since. Huh, funny how I can remember that and can't remember what I did yesterday! :lol:
"Sometimes in life, you ain't gotta like it. You just gotta do it." Quote from my own SUPERDAD. RIP 5/10/14

MONSTER
Approved Member

Me too

Post by MONSTER »

SUPERDAD wrote:If anybody remembers the stupid old car movie" The Gumball Rally", there is a scene where a driver rips the rearview mirror off the windshield and chunks it to the side of the road. Then he tells his co-driver " What is behind you is of no importance". While the flick was really silly, I have used that quote many times in the years since. Huh, funny how I can remember that and can't remember what I did yesterday! :lol:
One of my favorite scenes also. It was the Italian Driver (forget name). "Whatsa behinda me, isa not important".
But we're getting a bit "off-topic" pretty quick. Sorry.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Franco Bertollini was the character. One of my all-time fav car flicks. :D Any movie with a Cobra in it is awesome. ;)

Played by Raul Julia...

SUPERDAD
Approved Member

Post by SUPERDAD »

I thought that was the actors name! And how did I know that some of you would remember more about this than me? The collective knowledge of the members here is astounding! Now, lets put our heads together and figure out how to negotiate in Chinese so we can get some f'n bodies :lol:
"Sometimes in life, you ain't gotta like it. You just gotta do it." Quote from my own SUPERDAD. RIP 5/10/14

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

a recent listing that i can remember that REALLY got under my skin was the mip legends lot that everybody got real excited over and then the damn auction ended early...

that was pretty much the straw that broke the camels back in my enthusiasm for rc10s and ebay. that lot had ALL the parts i needed to fully complete 2 more mip cars... and i was gonna go obscenely big, but some yahoo made a dirty deal under the table and i never even got the chance.

i took the couple thousand i was willing to bid and built a couple crawlers with it. a tamiya f350, a rcp hustler 2.2, and a diaz dtrail12... :wink:

honestly i've never been really upset for that long over being outbid or forgetting to bid, the only thing that really irks me is when auctions end early.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

There have been a few auctions in the past that I stew over.

recently there was a new built tamiya blazing blazer that had a $1399 BIN price. I thought I would sleep on it and in the morning the bidding had gone to $1200. It ended up selling for $2400

One auction I had set my sniper to nail. For some reason hackers had screwed the entire internet up that day and it was running slow. Consequently my auctionsniper bid didn't go through and the auction ended for eay less than I was willing to pay. I was supper pissed but I kept the completed auction link and on a whim e-mailed the buyer about a month later. Turns out the wheels wouldn't work for him and I was able to buy them. Now their on my Hpi F-1

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the one for me was missing out on a nib rc10 worlds car for $300. b.i.n. a couple months ago. the box was opened, but all of the parts were still in the unmolested bags. i went upstairs to make sure it was alright with the mrs., and when i got back to the computer and refreshed the screen, it was gone. :(

oh well. i'll get one someday.

SUPERDAD
Approved Member

Post by SUPERDAD »

Hey scr8p, was that the one with the rare "cat pee box" option? :lol:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

SUPERDAD wrote:Hey scr8p, was that the one with the rare "cat pee box" option? :lol:
:lol: nope, it wasn't that one.

but being as though i missed out on it, i hope it got lost in shipping. :twisted: :twisted: