RPM TEAM CAR REAR END KIT

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

danglenode
Approved Member

RPM TEAM CAR REAR END KIT

Post by danglenode »

HI-

I recently got a hold of some great vintage NIP RC10 Parts and I was wondering in particular about the RPM RC10 Team car Rear End Kit # 7079. I know these are hard to find and I just wanted to check and see what people are using these for and what the demand is on this forum. I was thinking of using it for a project but it looks like there is some modification needed to the chassis. Is there a chassis I could use without cutting or drilling it? I dont want to open the package just yet so I am going off the little bit of instructions I can see.

Hope this makes sense and thanks for the help.

shodog
Approved Member

Re: RPM TEAM CAR REAR END KIT

Post by shodog »

The only direct fit chassis I know of is the Composite Craft worlds chassis. here is mine http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=62744&id=34

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

as shodog stated, the composite craft worlds chassis, but also the rpm ultra molded chassis. as far as i know, those are the only ones. all others would need to be modified. it's easy, though. a little cuttin' and grindin'. then drill two holes, and your all done. :wink:

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

And you get the template so it's pretty easy

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

Ok cool thanks. I think the RPM and Worlds Chassis are out my league price wise if I can even find one. Ideally I would love to put these parts on an RPM chassis but with the last one going for around $200 bucks no way I can pay that. Does anyone have either an RPM or CC Worlds chassis for sale?

At this point I was thinking of mounting it all to an Associated tub chassis - I found a yellow/green kinda neon one and it looks cool, I think, with the RPM parts. BUT I am not sure on the rarity or value of the neon chassis and what cutting it up would do. Granted it is not mint or new but in pretty decent shape and only one I have seen.

What are your thoughts about cutting it up?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

here's a tub chassis i modified. the only holes you'd need to drill are the ones to attach the front of the arm mounts. the rear of the mounts use the 2 rear holes for the 6 gear trans. also, you need to use the stealth trans.

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

Nice - thanks for the photo - I think what I am going to do is practice on this gold chassis I have that is super bent and messed up, so that way I dont screw up the greenish yellow chassis I have. I am pretty good with a dremel but I still like to practice before if I can so I can figure it out before I cut the real thing.

The template that comes with it is pretty nice as well, so that should make it an easy job. Thanks for all the help it much appreciated.

If you know anyone that has the front nose for that greenish chassis let me know.

Thanks.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

danglenode wrote:
If you know anyone that has the front nose for that greenish chassis let me know.

Thanks.
Are you converting the front to the "Worlds '91" setup also? I still have a neon green truck noseplate NIP, and a neon green buggy noseplate in new but unbagged condition. :wink: Assuming your chassis is green, not flourescent yellow...which is almost green. :?

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

Templeofspeed -

Well what I wanted to do was run Andy's white arms in the front until I found the White RPM front set number 7077. So I was thinking if I could find the Buggy nose plate that would be great, but it doesn't need to be NIP. The truck one I could also make work, so either way it is ok with me.

Now on to the color. This chassis is weird. I tried taking a photo of it, with bright lighting, outside, inside, with the flash, without the flash and for the life of me, and people in my house we cannot seem to decide/agree if the chassis is yellow or green neon. Sometimes it looks yellow, sometimes it looks green it is actually very strange. Does anyone have a photo they could post of a green one to compare it to?

I am going to try and take some more photo here in a bit and I will see if I can capture the real color.

Oh, almost forgot to ask... What would I need to do to convert the front to the '91 Worlds set up?

Below are the pics... the best I could at least...

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

your "neon" chassis is definitely not factory painted, it seems like a black tub that has been painted to me :( You'll need a truck front plate (RC10T) to fit the '91 front end, 10T front bulkhead and nosetubes :wink:

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

Thanks Asso_man!!

I have a T nose, and bulkhead and tubes and I would like to use the Andy's arms that I am not in abundance of. I recently made friends with the guy who is the now owner of Race Prep, and this is where I got the chassis. It was in a box with a CC chassis and a black tub chassis as well. I kinda doubt it was not AE painted, but I guess it is possible. :) Since the chassis is not mint there are some scratches on the bottom that show through to the metal, and I don't see any paint layering all is see is this color and then aluminum.

Since I have nothing to compare it to I am not sure what color it should be. Does anyone have a CC chassis they would be willing to part with? There are a few on eBay but would rather get it from here if possible.

I really want to figure out if this chassis is AE painted or not...

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

given that the holes to center the battery cup were custom drilled, I tend to think that it was originally a gold tub (Championship Edition) that has been sanded, polished and then painted yellow, just my 2 cents, and I may be wrong because I never had one of those chassies in my hands, the inquiry goes on :D

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

Well what I know for sure is that it is stamped "B" and the holes to center the battery cup where made post painting. They arent really countersunk so that gives it away. From what the guy at Race Prep said (we spent 3 hours just today going through his old stuff he got when buying the shop) is that he hasn't even looked at that box since the original inventory, and that is pretty weak because he was not aware of what most of the parts are. SO with that being said I just need to find photos of the green chassis and the yellow chassis to compare it to. I cant imagine someone at race prep back in the day needing to polish then repaint a chassis unless maybe it was part of some top secret something err other they had going.

Now this whole chassis thing is gonna bug me. Thanks for all the help.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Here is the chassis of the same supposed type (though pink) and I know this one is factory painted (it belongs to didou, a member here) look at the holes for centering the battery cup, they are only countersunk to accept the battery cup in the center of the chassis, the offset ones are NOT countersunk...

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Hahaha, I have just started a very similar project, I have a neon pink truck chassis and some long RPM rear arms and an RPM 91 worlds set-up, I'll race ya to finish it. :lol: J/K as most of the stuff I have bought is in the post and the postmen are on strike. Good luck mate!