out of room

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

marlo
Approved Member

out of room

Post by marlo »

Hey guys, I was wondering if any body else has had to take a car apart and put it back in the kit box to make room for other projects. I don't have the largest collection in the forum, but just running out of room. My cars/trucks are confined to a 10x10 room, I love to look at them, but love the build ( hunt ) more. Anyways just putting it out there.

noony
Approved Member

Re: out of room

Post by noony »

Yes, and you have been helping me out with that lately :mrgreen: Thanks. I have cars and parts in the garage,pole barn,trailer and one or two in the house that i hear about all the time.I made a promos to my self that this is the year that im going to down size and only keep what I need :lol:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Look up. See the ceiling? There is plenty of room! Haha!

But seriously, if I was allowed to have my cars in the house, I would have a narrow "roadway" around the room just below ceiling level to display them. Out of the way but not too hard to reach.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

I'm also into LEGO, I build WW2 models ( when time allows ) Die cast car's ,so I try to have a diverse display of my interests, a little bit of everything. I did have a few things around the house once ,but it's all in one room now. And that room keeps getting fuller, and I see no end in sight. 8)

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

marlo wrote:I'm also into LEGO, I build WW2 models ( when time allows ) Die cast car's ,so I try to have a diverse display of my interests, a little bit of everything. I did have a few things around the house once ,but it's all in one room now. And that room keeps getting fuller, and I see no end in sight. 8)
Oh man, you sound like me. I have about 450 plus model kits most unbuilt, Hot Wheels, and my RCs and I am out of room too. I sold most of my diecast and train stuff a few years ago to make room and I thought it was good idea at first, but now I am out of room again. :(
Jeff

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Ya, when my wife and I made our offices, I thought it was great, I'm going to put a shelf here, a desk there, at one point I wanted a plane hanging down from the celling, so when Jeff had mentioned the celling I had a chuckle . I like things kind of neat, I hate clutter.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

I am in the same boat. I have three or four shelves (wooden ikea style) full, I have boxes of RC kits piled in the second bedroom as well. Some built, some unbuilt.

I have two more shelves with RC related items near my desk that are so stock full that it is a disgrace.

Three or four tool box size storage containers and a few tool boxes full of RC tools, wheels, batteries and misc parts sitting beside it all.

That covers the ground vehicles, I have more heli boxes and parts and only one plane and parts sitting beside all that.

No garage right now, and I am missing it huge! I could use a third bedroom just for storage. Time to clean up and reorganize. Spring cleaning is going to happen large this year!

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Not enough room here either, 3 section closet full floor to ceiling of boxes and cars all over the place as well as being stacked in tupperware bins.

Just working on all cars I currently have till I'm satisfied with them before any new builds. Mainly new bodies, good tires, wheels and bits and pieces here and there.

I want to thin out many of the cars I don't care much for.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

My kitchen is full the bar is covered machines and things and bodies,dinner table covered and is my work bench lol the floor around the chair i sit in is covered,half my enclosed porch is full of parts and displayed cars.I need a bigger house lmao.DON :lol: 8)

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

All you guys that are out of room, I think I will start running a rc car daycare center. Send em to me and i will sit them on a shelf for ya lol!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Here is one that I watched years ago... This guy has way to many...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOGikt60FA4

Check videos 1 through 8. Nutz!!

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

thanks for posting it makes me feel better knowing im not the only one. i have about 55 rcs give or take a few and the room is running out.. lots of parts and electronics plus my other hobbies . my bicycles take up alot of room {4 mine 1 my girlfriends} plus parts. my other problem is toys, i collect old toys . i have almost everything masters of the universe{heman} a bunch of gijoe stuff {small 3 3/4 inch} bunch of hotwheels and a hand full of other 80s toys and odd toys.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

longboardnj wrote:thanks for posting it makes me feel better knowing im not the only one. i have about 55 rcs give or take a few and the room is running out.. lots of parts and electronics plus my other hobbies . my bicycles take up alot of room {4 mine 1 my girlfriends} plus parts. my other problem is toys, i collect old toys . i have almost everything masters of the universe{heman} a bunch of gijoe stuff {small 3 3/4 inch} bunch of hotwheels and a hand full of other 80s toys and odd toys.

If you were closer to me... your collection would ballon. My store has a ton of stuff like that right now. I wish we did more RC oriented items. You would have a hay day checking out what is for sale.

Groomi
Approved Member

Post by Groomi »

I have two plan chests in my office with about 10-12 cars all in bits laid out in drawers ready to be built. If I build them then I'll have nowhere to out them as they won't fit in the drawers!
Using my son as an excuse to relieve my youth. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/MuzzoomModels

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

I have about 25 R/Cs in various states of completion, about 4 shelves full of R/C stuff (boxes, tools), then there's the about 150 unbuild plastic models + big display case for those I have completed, then there's the other display case for vintage scifi toys (and the two large closets full of boxes with more stuff). :oops: Then there's the three large stacks of boxes. :roll:

This year I want to try to diminish the stack of partially build plastic kits - there's 30 of those or so :roll: , and I average at about 15-20 completed models a year :oops: When that's gone, I'll be able to move the boxes of unbuild models off the top of the display cases, so I can put completed R/C car projects there and reduce the stacks of boxes elsewhere. Also, one of these days I should really go hunting for a larger display case to replace the Ikea Billy small display case *and* the stack of boxes (that holds my collection of Zoids :P ) next to it.

Well, and I guess I could move some stuff to my mostly empty storage shed in the basement.... :lol:

Then there's the books.

Good thing I have no girlfriend or much of a life - I mean, where would I store those?

(other new year's resolution: limit new interests to immaterial ones :wink: )