My RC10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

cybercrxt
Approved Member

My RC10

Post by cybercrxt »

I am new to the site, and just wanted to say it looks like there are some really good members here, and I cannot wait to learn more and more. Well, after years of RC cars, I finally had a craving to get an RC10 (especially after looking threw this site and seeing all the awesome parts and chassis's available for them). I picked this one up off of ebay last week, and I am awaiting its arrival to begin restoration parts shopping. Any comments on if I picked up a good starting point or not would be wonderful. I can tell you guys really know what to look for! Thanks, Mike
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130166128547&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Re: My RC10

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Youve got a great starting point there.it looks complete.Yes,these guys are great with all their info and input.DON 8)

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Yep sure is a nice starting point just get it stripped and cleaned and post some build pics :lol: welcome to the board.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Welcome aboard mate! I've been watching that one too, it's a Championship Edition (CE), great stating point indeed. Looks like it will clean up pretty nicely, do you have bushings or bearings in it? Any plan on running it? From a first glance, I would say that fornt rims are not correct, you should have 3-piece "plain" wheels. Tho ones you have are from the first gold tub with short arms... By the way, if you don't want those pictures to disappear in a short while, upload them on Imageshack or whatever, just my 2 cents :wink: Keep us posted 8)

cybercrxt
Approved Member

Post by cybercrxt »

Thanks for the info guys. I definately want the 3 peice rims..preferable the aluminum ones. I dont know if I will run this one. If its really nice, I may try a full restore, if its not, I will definately run it. Lets just say if this one is good for restoration, I will be buying a runner! Does anyone know if there is already a thread that tells the differences in all the models. Someone stated this was a Championship Edition, and I am not sure what the model breakdowns would be. Unfortunately, I dont have many posts, so I guess it limits my searching capabilities right now.

Oh, and I will get the car monday via. UPS. I will know if it has bearings or bushings then..and I plan to take my own pics vs. the ebay ones, as they are not very clear.

Thanks guys. Mike

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

I was also watching that one. I almost bid but decided not to right at the last minute. Glad to see it went to a good home! 8)

cybercrxt
Approved Member

Post by cybercrxt »

Haha, small world right. Glad you didnt, I cannot wait to see it! UPS says monday :(

gmc572
Approved Member

Post by gmc572 »

justinspeed79 wrote:I was also watching that one. I almost bid but decided not to right at the last minute. Glad to see it went to a good home! 8)
that makes two off us

Volumiza
Approved Member

Post by Volumiza »

should clean up nice mate. look forward to seeing more of it :)
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers!" The late great Bob Monkhouse 1928 - 2003.

cybercrxt
Approved Member

Post by cybercrxt »

Its been a long couple of weeks. I was able to not only pick up the above stealth trans RC10, but I got a good condition 6 gear '84 model last week. It came with the OEM box, manuals, Associated Stock OEM motor, the buggy, and NI bag headlight kit, and NI bag mechanical speed control and the NI bag charge kit! I just got done installing the speed control tonight, and it came with an old school Futaba Magnum JR radio, so I cleaned that up, and installed all of it too. I put some power to it, and it worked really nice, esp for an old school mechanical SC. I need new rear tires and a chassis with less scratching would be nice. I am really pleased with how well it cleaned up. I will post pics of it tommorow, and some of the stealth trans model from above that I have not even cleaned yet. I gotta get some more parts for that buggy before I can really even get it close to complete tho, but the chassis is pretty decent. I also got two new Protech bodys on the way too. Should be here next week. Mike