Brought an old LXT back to life

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dan684

Brought an old LXT back to life

Post by Dan684 »

Ive been wanting to get back into the hobby so i started with an old Losi that ive had in a box for a long time. Put a castle 3900kv motor and esc in it with spectrum reciever/radio. the original electronics were fried. its nowhere near original, but it is F-A-S-T...lol

License2iLL
Approved Member

Re: Brought an old LXT back to life

Post by License2iLL »

looks nice...lets see under the hood. Do u maybe have a camaro body instead? any generation will do.
Glad to be back in this hobby so many many years later. To see new things and to recollect on ALL cool vintage models!
As well as to BUILD :
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27591
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33429

Dan684

Post by Dan684 »

No camaro body. I'm a Ford guy anyways. My Brother-in-law had this one laying around still in the package and un painted so it will do until i get a Late Model body for it. Its going to be an oval track car (hence the battery being on the left side).

Dan684

Post by Dan684 »

Seems like the only problem with this car is finding parts. The diff was not adjusted properly so it melted instantly under the power of the brushless system, but i found an old new stock part at a local hobby shop and ordered a spare from ebay just in case. I ran it around the yard and seems to be good now. I cant wait to see what this thing does on the track with proper tires. I have a feeling ill have to add weight to the front to keep it from wheelieing constantly.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Ever since HPI put out a monster-truck-themed Dodge Charger (sacrilege to a Charger owner, especially since they never made a NORMAL onroad body available), I've never been a fan of the monster-truck-with-muscle-car-body thing, but yours still looks good and with those electronics, is probably a hoot to drive. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

CGMike

Post by CGMike »

Ebay is a good place to start for parts. I went to my local hobby place and looked through all their old bins of parts and bought everything that was GTX they had. I bought 2 diff gears and a set of front a-arms. Remember RPM made some stuff for the LXT too, so maybe you could find parts by searching for them. I think the GTX and LXT shared a few parts so look for GTX parts on ebay as well. I wish I had more extra parts I could send your way. I broke my front bulkhead, so I bought a new one and the aluminum brace for it as well so that it is harder to break next time, just a thought. Good luck, if I find anything, Ill send links your way.

Mike

Dan684

Post by Dan684 »

Yeah I'm not a fan of the car body on a monster truck either, but this will be an oval track racer so a truck body would look more out of place. It looks like the old full size hobby stock cars my dad and brother raced when i was a kid. Ive found a few parts in a drawer at my local hobby shop, plus a few on ebay. It wont be a racer for long, soon ill find a newer car to race and keep this one for playing in the yard with the kids.