Just another Jrx2 but with some Pro mixed in?

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Just another Jrx2 but with some Pro mixed in?

Post by matt1ptkn »

Just got this and am very pleased with it, so naturally I wanted to share. Despite some servo tape and minor dirt, its in very good condition. As I am still getting up to speed on everything vintage Losi, there are some aspects of this car that I am unsure of. If anyone has thoughts/suggestions/information, I'd be very grateful to hear it. Anyway, here is what I know and what I think I know: Has 5 link rear suspension but with a Jrx Pro rear tower. It has a nearly mark free Pro chassis and Pro wheels. All the shock springs have been changed to a heavier blue. The motor plate is in good shape with no stampings. The front bulkhead wraps down over the front of the chassis and the battery holder is the one piece type. The steering setup is the later reinforced red. My guess is that it started life as an early model Jrx2 and has encountered a few upgrades over time. I think I'm going to swap out a few parts with my shelfer, clean this up and use it as a runner. I'm slowly building my collection...
Attachments
IMG_0961.JPG
IMG_0960.JPG
IMG_0959.JPG
IMG_0958.JPG
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

fredswain
Approved Member

Re: Just another Jrx2 but with some Pro mixed in?

Post by fredswain »

This is a good example of why the JRX platform was probably my favorite car platform of all time. It changed so much over the years that you could mix and match parts into nearly endless arrangements and that's just with factory parts. That's not even bringing the aftermarket into it.
Raborn Racing Originals Shapeways store

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

Apparently I am very behind with aftermarket upgrades. I'm constantly finding old threads with various upgrades and even eBay auctions with upgrades I've never heard about. This car was a fantastic buy though. To confirm my hypothesis that this was an early model, it has the lower 5-link arm with only two holes and no holes in the rear camber links. It also has aluminum outdrive spacers. I've swapped out the chassis, motor plate and rear shock tower with some other vehicles and I totally agree; I love the interchangeability of the Jrx series!
Matt

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."

hondaman
Approved Member

Post by hondaman »

Nice find there.. That looks like a great base for a runner.. Add in a slipper and freshen up the tranny, rebuild the shocks, give it a good clean up and there you go.. I love my JRX-2.. After I get a couple more projects out of the way, I'll be looking for a nice SE to sit along side my runner and my shelfer I am working on finding parts for (those damn thin spring clamps are hiding from me :x )..

Shawn

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

Great minds think alike. As I was swapping parts around, I did just what you said with the exception of the slipper. I don't think I'm going to put a slipper on this one. I have installed slippers on most of my other Jrx vehicles and I have never actually used the slippers. Too complicated for me. :roll: I'd really like to have a shelfer of each Jrx style vehicle, but I think I'd find it hard not to do something with them. Then I'd probably scratch em up and need to find additional shelfers. Its a vicious cycle. I'll keep my eyes out for shock clamps. Every time I think that I've found one though, its always cracked or the later style. :|
Matt

Beaker1024

Post by Beaker1024 »

Very nice looking JRX-2. I'm new to this forum and just dusted off my old JRX-Pro SE.

Just wanted to say hello and again nice buggy!

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

Thanks and welcome to the forum! You won't find a better source of RC information anywhere else. Even for these old Losi Jrx2s!
Matt