Forum News & Discussion

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: Forum News & Discussion

Post by GoMachV »

Yeah that would make sense if the color was to change or if they were bold. I like the ability to mark all as read but I also don't want to miss any of em. I was pretty sure it wasn't just me that struggles :lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Lowgear wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:18 pm ... I've never given it much thought until now, and will verify what the deal is the next time I get a notification.
You have a notification :wink:

Mine show up newest first and in bold (and I believe yellow... let you know on that). Each with the reason for the notification (PM, Reply, Thanked, etc). When you click on each one it'll take you directly to the post you're receiving the notification about. Once clicked they return to standard text... Differences between desktop and mobile maybe?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

what theme are you running? I have been on Element, but going to try acid and win10, they all seem very similar but maybe the notifications will be better for me on one of those
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Element is pretty... very shiny looking. I'm on Win10... was the most relaxed looking skin of the bunch. Dunno what notifications look like on the other's though.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Well with acidtech I don't see any notifications, and with win10 it was the same as element so I think I'm just going back to element
Factory Works website

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Dangeruss wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:40 pm
Lowgear wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:18 pm ... I've never given it much thought until now, and will verify what the deal is the next time I get a notification.
You have a notification :wink:

Mine show up newest first and in bold (and I believe yellow... let you know on that). Each with the reason for the notification (PM, Reply, Thanked, etc). When you click on each one it'll take you directly to the post you're receiving the notification about. Once clicked they return to standard text... Differences between desktop and mobile maybe?

Thanks! That was a big help so I could check things out. From what I can see, only one of the themes we use changes the background color of the unread notifications which is a bit disappointing. :? That tells me it's something the themes creator has to specifically add. It seems like the default notifier for notifications that haven't been read is a check mark that appears when the mouse cursor is hovered over them which doesn't help those using touchscreens. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot I can do about it besides converse with the individual theme builders for a fix I can perform. Most of them never end up responding to inquiries though. That's what you get with free software mainly run by volunteers. They go through all the work, and then don't support whatever it is or abandon it altogether. Why even bother in the first place? :|

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

GoMachV wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:16 pm Well for me it's more a matter of knowing which notification I haven't seen yet. Like right now I have no notifications, but if I click it will show all the old ones. Well when I get one notification it's not always the first one on the list so I have to click each one to see which I haven't actually read.
On a laptop/desktop: Click on your "Notifications" so the dropdown opens up. Hover your cursor over any notification, all unread notifications will have a checkmark within a white circle on the righthand side. See snip below.

Edit: This checkmark applies regardless which skin/theme is used.

notifications.JPG
-Jerry-

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

R6cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:57 pm
GoMachV wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:16 pm Well for me it's more a matter of knowing which notification I haven't seen yet. Like right now I have no notifications, but if I click it will show all the old ones. Well when I get one notification it's not always the first one on the list so I have to click each one to see which I haven't actually read.
On a laptop/desktop: Click on your "Notifications" so the dropdown opens up. Hover your cursor over any notification, all unread notifications will have a checkmark within a white circle on the righthand side. See snip below.

Edit: This checkmark applies regardless which skin/theme is used.

notifications.JPG
Ahh got it. I'm not around my PC at the moment but on my phone if I click see all I can see the white checkbox that is highlighted

Thanks for looking into it @Lowgear, it wasn't something I needed changed I more wanted to know if I was doing something wrong lol.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231211_184342_Firefox.jpg
Factory Works website

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

It was good to look at it a little bit more in depth. It's an area that can stand to be improved by the developers.

I also don't like how you can't delete old notifications. While searching phpBB's support board I found many others with the same gripe. What I did find out is the amount of time it takes for them to purge can be changed. The default was every 30 days so I reduced it to 7.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

I noticed the 12/24/23 changes. Total approval! :D
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Snowing! 🌨️❄️⛄ :mrgreen:
Screenshot_20231224-171950.png
and lights!!!
Screenshot_20231224-172202.png
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

I KNEW THIS PLACE WAS FULL OF FLAKES! :lol:

I immediately started to examine the pattern and frequency of the flakes. Plank flooring, any tile work, wallpaper, YouTube fireplaces, etc., I start looking for patterns/repeats. I can't be the only one...
Hope you're doin' something fun.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

So just a quick question .............. where do the garage / home-builds go now? I think they were lumped in the "Vintage Other," but now that is sub-categorized into all the makes. Where do the home brews go? :)
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

The Santa hat, snowflakes and lights banner are a nice touch.
-Jerry-

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

morrisey0 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:57 pm So just a quick question .............. where do the garage / home-builds go now? I think they were lumped in the "Vintage Other," but now that is sub-categorized into all the makes. Where do the home brews go? :)
Well that depends. Is it entirely custom, or is it based off an existing model?

R6cowboy wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:19 pm The Santa hat, snowflakes and lights banner are a nice touch.
Thanks! I thought it would make things a bit more festive. Last year was just the Santa hat, but this year there were some additional options added. The features can be turned on or off individual if deemed too annoying. It's just a little something for the 24th/25th. :)