What are these?

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Steve71
Approved Member

What are these?

Post by Steve71 »

A buddy that got out of the Rc hobby years ago gave me a ton of stuff yesterday. I made out like a bandit lol some really good stuff but one thing was a bag of smaller sized lipos (pic above). I just got back into the hobby last year so I have no idea what these small sized lipos could be for? Are the for a drone or something else? I'm lost as to what they are. he didn't remember, he had a stroke years ago and his memory isn't great.

jwscab

Re: What are these?

Post by jwscab »

Eflite is a company that makes flying products. They would be for their models, but what exactly? you would have to look up the part number.

Steve71
Approved Member

Post by Steve71 »

Okay that gives me at least a direction to go then, appreciate it because I was at a lose as to even where to look. Thanks.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That 1400 mAh 3S Traxxas LiPo looks like it could be for a boat. My FeiLun FT012 takes a battery that looks quite similar to those dimensions.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

and really, they can fit pretty much anything that will physically hold those packs. The smaller red connector is generally used on smaller airplanes, buggies, truggies, boats, etc. The larger connector handles more power and would be larger scale.

this could also be useful as radio packs depending on their sizes to replace alkaline cells.

brn2fly

Post by brn2fly »

Steve71 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:28 pm Image

A buddy that got out of the Rc hobby years ago gave me a ton of stuff yesterday. I made out like a bandit lol some really good stuff but one thing was a bag of smaller sized lipos (pic above). I just got back into the hobby last year so I have no idea what these small sized lipos could be for? Are the for a drone or something else? I'm lost as to what they are. he didn't remember, he had a stroke years ago and his memory isn't great.
The smaller red connectors are JST connectors. Looks like you have several 3 and 2 cell Lopo packs. Mostly used with foam airplanes.