Schumacher Cougar2 TEAM

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bormac
Approved Member

Schumacher Cougar2 TEAM

Post by Bormac »

Many of those who know me know that Im mad for Schumacher buggies-especialy the Cougar2. Here's my Team car which is based around the RCCA review. One of my fav's.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

GJW
Approved Member

Re: Schumacher Cougar2 TEAM

Post by GJW »

jason im back just moved house love ya paint scheme ill call ya this week coming bro about ride....gary

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

Very nice Bormac, as you know I'm also a big Schumacher fan and I wondered what is it about the Cougar2 that appeals to you so much :?:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

YZ-10
Approved Member

Post by YZ-10 »

awesome example

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

There are lots of things I like about the Cougar2 buggies. They are the last of the alloy pan line of Schuey's that reak of race heritage. Maybe its the P.E.P. parts,the cool alloy drive shafts,the sleak bodyshell,the belt drive tranny and all the cool bits that go into making these cars what they are. I just love em and I love running them too. Here's what i got up to today-
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

vintage racer
Approved Member

Post by vintage racer »

Just what I like to see,vintage buggies with mud on them,I like them so much better covered in c$?p,just like their supposed to be.

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

vintage racer wrote:Just what I like to see,vintage buggies with mud on them,I like them so much better covered in c$?p,just like their supposed to be.
I like seeing other peoples vintage buggies covered in cr4p :lol: but lets not get into that discussion again :wink:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

AD-RS1600i
Approved Member

Post by AD-RS1600i »

The Team Cougar 2 was/is absolutely lovely - they revisted the whole car if you compare it with the works and cougar 1 - the transmission is in a different gearbox housing streatening the drive shafts - the rear wish bones and hubs are a lot neater and more delicate, including better wheel bearings at the back - it had a lighter gear cover in lexan - and I think they throw in some carbon fibre bits for hte front and rear. I take my hat of to Cecil Schumacher the main man behind Schumacher, his cars upto the Cat/cougar2000 range (1993/4 I think) of cars which I believe were done by someone else were so pure and simply in design. Design icons actually :) I fitted Cougar 2000 front stub axles to mine to help it steer better, I believe the factory towards the end of hte car's competition life (91/2) were putting on RC10 stub axles and wheels for major competitions.

I might have to buy another one to see how it stacks up against my clubs modern buggies! :)

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

I love to run mine as much as the next guy but thats a little much in the mud department :lol: way to much cleanning for me !!!!! Nice cars though
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

When you have to drive an hour and a half to the nearest track and only getting the opportunity to run once a fortnight I wasn't going to leave the track without running my cars. Yep crazy i know-but its only mud. You should have seen what we used to race in years ago.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

we all bow to you brother you got guts and large amounts of style :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

You guys think this is crazy? Check this out! When my Bosscat works was new built I drove 2 and 1/2 hrs to the BDR track and it poured the whole way there! I drove this thing till my new GTB flooed and cut out when I landed in a huge puddle! Yup....CRAZY!
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

Well it looks cool!! looks like you had a lot of fun I did the same thing I havent raced in 18 years. so I put a Losi Pro se together and went to the track to do a few test laps and didnt see a puddle and landed in the middle no pictures unfortunely. If your going to fry everything its always good to at least get a great photo of it :lol: :lol:
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

hkp
Approved Member

Post by hkp »

AD-RS1600i wrote:The Team Cougar 2 was/is absolutely lovely - they revisted the whole car if you compare it with the works and cougar 1 - the transmission is in a different gearbox housing streatening the drive shafts - the rear wish bones and hubs are a lot neater and more delicate, including better wheel bearings at the back - it had a lighter gear cover in lexan - and I think they throw in some carbon fibre bits for hte front and rear. I take my hat of to Cecil Schumacher the main man behind Schumacher, his cars upto the Cat/cougar2000 range (1993/4 I think) of cars which I believe were done by someone else were so pure and simply in design. Design icons actually :) I fitted Cougar 2000 front stub axles to mine to help it steer better, I believe the factory towards the end of hte car's competition life (91/2) were putting on RC10 stub axles and wheels for major competitions.

I might have to buy another one to see how it stacks up against my clubs modern buggies! :)
Actually Ad, you are referring to the Works buggy, and your memory serves you very correctly :) The Works had the different rear end, purple Alloy and carbon goodies over the stock Cougar 2 Team.

I think you are right that this was the last car based on a Cecil Schumacher design. I think Phil Booth also had a lot to do with the Works car, as well as all the works drivers of the day.

Jay Dub
Approved Member

Post by Jay Dub »

Hello all, I am brand new to this forum and I must say I love it!. I saw this post and just had to reply. First, a little background about my self. My name is Jeff Wittman, and I recently retired from a nearly 20 year racing carreer with Schumacher and (several others) manufacturers. I absolutelly love looking at all the retro stuff here. I wish that we could get a retro class (classes) started here in the US ( West coast, San Jose bay area) as I do accasionally club race. I did allot of R&D for Cats West (west coast distributor for Schumacher) and Schumacher USA during the early days of Shumachers off road program.

"Actually Ad, you are referring to the Works buggy, and your memory serves you very correctly The Works had the different rear end, purple Alloy and carbon goodies over the stock Cougar 2 Team.

I think you are right that this was the last car based on a Cecil Schumacher design. I think Phil Booth also had a lot to do with the Works car, as well as all the works drivers of the day."

I am responsable for a large part of this. The moving back of the transmission to straighten the drive line, the swept front arms on all of the sucsessive series of the cougars. I even developed and sold a bell crank steering system for the cougars to improve akerman for use on high bite blue grooved tracks here in the US (It never saw production though as the 2000 series of cars was soon to come). Caster block, as well as steering arm changes were modifications that I developed over the several itterations of the cougar series. I also manufactured a gear drive conversion for the cougar tranny. Phil was still convinced at that time that the belts were better though. :roll: I thoroughly enjoyed all my time with Schumacher, and still consider them my favorite team :)

Someday, I will post pics of all my cars (restored hopefully) and parts, and prototype stuff I developed and tested. I hope you will find it as interesting as I do.-Jeff