RC10 titanium parts

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ThomasH
Approved Member

RC10 titanium parts

Post by ThomasH »

I don't really know what thread to put this in but I was talking to Lunsfordracing today. You probably all know them for there quotability titanium components. There is a possibility, quite slim though that they may be willing to redo a selection of old school components such as hinge pins, screws, ti rods and so on for old RC10 direct to the club. I was just wondering if any one would be interested in this?

This is there website http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

scr8p
Administrator

Re: RC10 titanium parts

Post by scr8p »

it's surprising to me that they'd even consider it. i'm sure they'd want a decent amount of interest before they'd do it.

like a paid in full pre-order. :lol:

ThomasH
Approved Member

Post by ThomasH »

Its not as bad as I first thought scr8p as many of the parts they can sort no problem. To get a full hinge pin set is probably going to take a small number of people but if we start talking axles and the like its going to have to be a big order so there probably a none starter.

I am having a few nylon parts knocked up as well. They are going to be reproductions of original discontinued parts. Would any one be interested in anything like that?

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

ThomasH wrote:Its not as bad as I first thought scr8p as many of the parts they can sort no problem. To get a full hinge pin set is probably going to take a small number of people but if we start talking axles and the like its going to have to be a big order so there probably a none starter.

I am having a few nylon parts knocked up as well. They are going to be reproductions of original discontinued parts. Would any one be interested in anything like that?

Are they going to be white? If so yea Im interested.

Im interested in the hinge pin and turnbuckle set too. I was going to look for a turnbuckle set for my runner.

extreemduster340
Approved Member

Post by extreemduster340 »

I would be in the market for a few sets of tie rods and hinge pins for a 10t and buggy.

Jamie

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

I'd take a few turnbuckle sets.

ThomasH
Approved Member

Post by ThomasH »

The good new. I have found some one willing to reproduce the original white nylon parts. White suspension arms cost about $5 a pop but they would be undrilled. Lunsford Racing now have in stock turn buckles and screws for most RC10s.

The bad new. The dies for nylon casting cost about $3000 each. So unless there are thousands of people out there after parts it looks like a non starter. Lunsford Racing are yet to get back to me on hinge pins but it is looking like numbers are to small for them.