hey

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

zhiland

hey

Post by zhiland »

Hey,
I was just wondering about my RC10T that i inherited, I'm not going to be into racing but for now i just want to have fun with it. i busted it out awhile ago and was looking around in it. it was well taken care of, but i don't know the first thing about it. i have some 4500 7.2v (40a drain) batts on the way, so that should keep me running.

other then that i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as far as general maint. for the car and batteries, anything i could do to keep it up and running or even improve it. i have also noticed its hard to find parts for it so i was thinking about a new truck all together, fast is always good and rugged is always better, as far as sand and dirt goes somthing that i wouldnt have to worry about messing up

also on a side note, it rains alot in Oregon and I'm pretty sure you cant run electric in the rain/snow, so is there a truck out there that could do that, i mean like in the snow and stuff without blowing up. i was looking at the traxxas e-maxx and the e-revo, and they both seem weather proof acording to their vids. but they dont have the put it together fun that the rc10t does.... so any help would be great

thanks guys

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: hey

Post by klavy69 »

I've seen some of the slash componants that are waterproof in some RC10ts (as well as many other models) along with alot of titanium and aluminum parts that keep it from rusting if that helps. They were in other forums out there that I usually don't frequent but If I find them again I'll post some links. Otherwise if you are after water resistant and rugged I have seen some locals pretty much bash the crap out of their slashes and they just keep going. Pretty cheap/easy to find parts/rugged and waterproof...and will get under the skin of some of the traxxas haters here on the board :mrgreen: . That way you can keep the 10t as a fair weather tinkerer. Hope this helped in some sort of way :wink:
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: hey

Post by klavy69 »

klavy69 wrote:I've seen some of the slash componants that are waterproof in some RC10ts (as well as many other models) along with alot of titanium and aluminum parts that keep it from rusting if that helps. They were in other forums out there that I usually don't frequent but If I find them again I'll post some links. Otherwise if you are after water resistant and rugged I have seen some locals pretty much bash the crap out of their slashes and they just keep going. Pretty cheap/easy to find parts/rugged and waterproof...and will get under the skin of some of the traxxas haters here on the board :mrgreen: . That way you can keep the 10t as a fair weather tinkerer. Hope this helped in some sort of way :wink:
Todd
p.s. by the way,welcome to the board...any maintenance issues are kinda irrelavant to me so I'd be no help in that dept. My motto is run it til its broke and get another one out til its broke. Once they are all broke its time to go home for the night :mrgreen:
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!