The dog thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

coxbros1

Re: The dog thread

Post by coxbros1 »

Dadio wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:32 am Our sweet Bell died on Friday at 5.50 pm , mother of three litters of puppies , the most devoted and doting of mothers , survivor of an emergency suzerain delivery of the last litter , battled back to health after two bouts of cancer surgery , she finally was laid low by heart disease at the age of ten , my lap feels empty in the evening now and my eyes are like raisins from the tears shed , she now chaises pheasants in the infinite woods and walks that wait for all our dog friends .
Really sorry homz....i know its super hard to deal with.
my condolences😪
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Thanks guys
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Dadio wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:32 am Our sweet Bell died on Friday at 5.50 pm , mother of three litters of puppies , the most devoted and doting of mothers , survivor of an emergency suzerain delivery of the last litter , battled back to health after two bouts of cancer surgery , she finally was laid low by heart disease at the age of ten , my lap feels empty in the evening now and my eyes are like raisins from the tears shed , she now chaises pheasants in the infinite woods and walks that wait for all our dog friends .
That's tough man, sorry to hear. I never had any pets growing up (parents didn't allow it) and never thought I'd shed a tear over an animal. But about 5 winters ago my wife's little Yorkie was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. And when it came time to take her to the vet to be put to rest and end her suffering, my heart was crushed. It's still very heavy just thinking about it now typing this.
-Jerry-

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

I'm really sorry for your loss Dadio, it's always difficult saying goodbye to a pet that has been a part of the family for any length of time.

We used to live in Alabama a few years ago and there was a shelter nearby that had a pretty high euthanasia rate. Before we even moved down there, a friend of ours was trying to get a puppy adopted before they put her down due to kennel cough (!!!!!). Apparently their resources are spread so thin that treating that, as run of the mill of a condition as it is, was going to be too costly. We told her that if she could take her in until we moved down, we'd take her. So that's how we got our first family dog, a pure bred Southern Black Mouth Cur, Sadie. for a dog breed that is supposed to be used for hunting wild boar and what not, she's a big chicken shit! Super lovable, playful, has absolutely zero sense of personal space, and is amazing with our kids. She just turned 5 and is going on 4 months if you go by her character :lol: :lol:
Our other dog, Bella, we took in from the same shelter in August of 2017 as a palliative foster. She was 9 when we took her in. She had actually been adopted out of the same shelter as a puppy and was taken back as part of an abuse case against her owner. She a Golden Lab - Mastiff mix so you can imagine how big she should be. Well, she was 56 pounds when we got here and completely covered in flea dirt, just skin and bones. All her joints clicked and cracked when she moved because she had such little muscle tone to hold them together. We took her for a complete care session at a groomer and then had her on a steady diet of cheeseburgers, bagels (of which she ate two full packages in 15 minutes when I had to duck out to pick up my daughter at daycare :lol:), and whatever else she wanted just to get some weight on her. We were told she might live a few more months and we were concerned about how our daughter, who was 3 at the time, was going to handle her passing. Well, we haven't crossed that bridge yet. Bella is going to be 13 this December and is living her best life. She's a few pounds shy of the century mark,and the most gentle, loving, grateful animal I have ever known. You'd figure she would have a bunch of difficult personality issues after being abused the way she was, but she's just such a sweet old girl and amazing with the kids. Our 2 year old boy, who is an absolute brute, can do whatever he wants with and to her and she just enjoys the attention. I've actually got a picture of her lying on the couch with my daughter lying on top of her when she was about 4. To say we're grateful for her is an understatement.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Rigsby and little Frais (full name " Fromage Frais " and daughter of our recently lost Bell by a toy poodle , the litter all had silly cheese names as they were Baby Bell's ! but we kept her so the name stayed ) both chilling out in a fresh water pool after chasing Frisbee's and balls on a hot day at the beach in Wales where we are holidaying .
And this is a little bundle of joy ( or more likely a ball of hair and teeth :D ) who we found for sale locally to where we are staying and she is coming home with us at the end of the week , we've had two Border Collies from Wales before and they were both fantastic dogs .
We all need a little puppy therapy right now , not only to sooth the loss of Bell our King Charles but also my father who passed nearly two weeks ago after three years of Alzheimer's , been a hard ride especially under Covid lockdown , I've been on call for emergency help 24/7 all that time as I'm closest family , I really need some puppy time now !
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

The inspectors.
Attachments
PXL_20210625_143146068.jpg
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I was touring Facebook and Andy (yes, that Andy) posted this beautiful pup needed to be rescued. So I tortured over it (we havent had a pet in nearly 20 years) and went to pick her up. A lovely Husky (I think a little Malamute mixed in) with gorgeous crystal blue eyes. She hopped right into the back of my truck and took a seat next to my daughter and has been a perfect fit in our family from the first minute.

Here is our Ahsoka (yes, we are big Star Wars fans)...
Attachments
220512025_1007411666692064_7276112772375727360_n.jpg
215210696_4845573398802504_4981700557864748559_n.jpg
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I used to walk with a Husky with our first Collie , they were best mates ! Magnificent looking dog :D

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

Definitely looks like some Malamute in there. Gorgeous pup.
-Jerry-

Burniefloyd
Approved Member

Post by Burniefloyd »

Hard knock life.

Screenshot_20210913-202254~2.png
Self described chronic hobbyist

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

The white'ish girl is a small Lab / Retriever mut. The long leg girl is a Potcake.
Attachments
the girls at lake norman.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

DaveM
Approved Member

Post by DaveM »

Here is my English Staffy, Jenny.

She weighs 12.5 kgs (27.55 pounds) last time I weighed her, and just over 14 inches at the shoulders, my friend got a English Pointer pup and at 9 weeks he was already taller than her, she gets to play with him once a week for an afternoon and she has put on a lot of muscle!

Red collar about 6 months old, black collar about 12 months old.

She is the light of my life! :D
Attachments
Jenny about 6 months.jpg
Jenny about 12 months.jpg

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Was looking through some older pics and ran across this one.

While unloading groceries, I came back out to this.
Screenshot_20210916-160242_Gallery.jpg
This picture was a couple years ago, so he is a little taller and a good bit thicker now.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Current situation in the livingroom. She stole his bed and he's pleading with his eyes for me to evict her.
Attachments
20211220_205732.jpg
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

The action in this thread made me look back. I posted a picture of Lulu 5 years ago (Page 6 - Dec 2016).
Just this last week I took a similar pic (with no intention of using it for this) :arrow:
Attachments
541CD322-B412-4E5A-ACDE-0444B78611EF.jpeg