Help finding plastic TC shock parts

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rwordenjr
Approved Member

Re: Help finding plastic TC shock parts

Post by rwordenjr »

JosephS wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:41 pm
rwordenjr wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:11 pm
JosephS wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:15 pm You may want to look into the Lunsford black ends. The rpm ends are longer and thicker than stock and can cause some suspension binding on the front end.

I worked around it because I wanted white ends.
So you got white rpm and it binds ?
Yeah on the front bulkhead there is only a little clearance between in inner camber adjustment and the steering bellcrank ball cups. The rpm heavy duty ballcups are thicker than the stock ones so it can cause binding. I think I used 2 original ball cups just in that area so everything clears. I also had to cut down the ballcups on the link in the center front of the steering as the RPM links are a bit to long.

A bunch of companies make original sized ball cups, but the only white ones are the RPM heavy duty.

My build thread is here. I think I figured out a good enough solution for the RPM ball cups.
Nice, I definitely want to get regular size cups then. I can find another use for the rpm ones. The problem I have is the retro Lunsford are 4-40

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

rwordenjr wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:52 pm
JosephS wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:15 pm You may want to look into the Lunsford black ends. The rpm ends are longer and thicker than stock and can cause some suspension binding on the front end.

Yeah on the front bulkhead there is only a little clearance between in inner camber adjustment and the steering bellcrank ball cups. The rpm heavy duty ballcups are thicker than the stock ones so it can cause binding. I think I used 2 original ball cups just in that area so everything clears. I also had to cut down the ballcups on the link in the center front of the steering as the RPM links are a bit to long.

A bunch of companies make original sized ball cups, but the only white ones are the RPM heavy duty.

My build thread is here. I think I figured out a good enough solution for the RPM ball cups.
Nice, I definitely want to get regular size cups then. I can find another use for the rpm ones. The problem I have is the retro Lunsford are 4-40
that shouldn't be a problem at all. Customworks makes some that should work just fine
www.customworksrc.com/product/small-ball-cup

rwordenjr
Approved Member

Post by rwordenjr »

JosephS wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:13 am

that shouldn't be a problem at all. Customworks makes some that should work just fine
Wow thanks so much ! You’ve been a huge help ! All the parts are now cleaned, just waiting on hardware to arrive before I can start the rebuild

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

rwordenjr wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:58 am

Wow thanks so much ! You’ve been a huge help ! All the parts are now cleaned, just waiting on hardware to arrive before I can start the rebuild
You are welcome. The community here helped me a lot on my build when I first started. Be sure to post up pictures and progress.

rwordenjr
Approved Member

Post by rwordenjr »

JosephS wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:29 pm
rwordenjr wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:58 am

You are welcome. The community here helped me a lot on my build when I first started. Be sure to post up pictures and progress.
Soap and water did good
Attachments
2C9170B6-D5C0-4E4F-BA82-319859149068.jpeg

rwordenjr
Approved Member

Post by rwordenjr »

Got done what I could today. New e clips and ball studs. Still waiting on the new hardware set and bearings.
Attachments
DC738742-080A-43FC-A7DD-93A1481E57D9.jpeg

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

That is looking quite nice. Really clean.

rwordenjr
Approved Member

Post by rwordenjr »

JosephS wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:53 pm That is looking quite nice. Really clean.
Coming along
Attachments
23751182-B6DA-4C56-BCCF-982FE97D084E.jpeg