CALLING ALL EDINGER EDTION RC10 CARS ONLY PICS/INFO

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: CALLING ALL EDINGER EDTION RC10 CARS ONLY PICS/INFO

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Ruffy wrote:Same here, only the AJ's that I know of had that.

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

Who is AJ and why does he have so many of those tires? Actually I looked it up yesterday but already forgot who the manufacturer was. OH Twinn-K

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

My earliest car-
000000000002.JPG
000002.JPG

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

I have some of the early RC10 clone fronts sold by Team CRP

They also have "Made in Italy" on the sidewall

They are slightly taller than the AE / AYK originals

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

Thats the ones I have. They also dont fit the rims right. Its hard to get them true.

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

Are these early Edinger tires? Picked these up from a guy who said they were for an RC10. There 1.5" but I've never seen this spike pattern. I'm thinking they may be from some other car.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

No, they are for a marui CJ-7 and another something or another, the AYK tire is a 3-4 lug not a 4-5 lug

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

I love the really early-early cars... they do look quite distinctively different with the light gold anno & clear gear cover....

However its funny how people pick up on this 'Edinger' thing & that they are so rare etc... there was a guy on Tamiyaclub who posted up photos of his 84 Edinger, which from one quick look at the box you could tell was a Cadillac car. I sent him a message, just kindly pointing out the differences between the early & late cars & that maybe his was a late car... we had a few friendly exchanges of emails but he was still convinced his car was an Edinger :roll: .....Oh well

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

DerbyDan wrote:I love the really early-early cars... they do look quite distinctively different with the light gold anno & clear gear cover....

However its funny how people pick up on this 'Edinger' thing & that they are so rare etc... there was a guy on Tamiyaclub who posted up photos of his 84 Edinger, which from one quick look at the box you could tell was a Cadillac car. I sent him a message, just kindly pointing out the differences between the early & late cars & that maybe his was a late car... we had a few friendly exchanges of emails but he was still convinced his car was an Edinger :roll: .....Oh well
Check out my post from earlier, of my late Edinger car, looks almost exactly like a Cadillac ave car. (last picture on the first page of this thread) If I didn't buy it from a guy that only had one car and matching box manuals, and the correct address on the motor I would have sworn it wasn't an Edinger car. And they may not be the most rare RC out there but try to find some fiberglass battery hold downs, some diamond wing mounts, and a nice set of Goodyear tires. :)

mikenice
Approved Member

Post by mikenice »

hum glad u said that bout the motor just checked mine out and it does say edinger on it and i know its org to the car, it even has an old challenger 2p radio system installed period correct :) (my cars the first one on this post)

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

greene-r74 wrote: Check out my post from earlier, of my late Edinger car, looks almost exactly like a Cadillac ave car. (last picture on the first page of this thread) If I didn't buy it from a guy that only had one car and matching box manuals, and the correct address on the motor I would have sworn it wasn't an Edinger car. And they may not be the most rare RC out there but try to find some fiberglass battery hold downs, some diamond wing mounts, and a nice set of Goodyear tires. :)
Its ok, I'm not having a 'go' at anyone on here :wink:

My only 'gold' pan buggy looks identical to yours greene-r74... I have the Edinger addressed box & parts list.... + the earlier non-slotted spring cups, but the manual & motor both have the Cadillac Av on them... so to me its an early Cadillac car :)

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

DerbyDan wrote:
greene-r74 wrote:Its ok, I'm not having a 'go' at anyone on here :wink:
Oh I knew that. :)
Your car sounds like it was one of the first cars to come out of the new location where they had to use up their old boxes and manuals. Thats pretty cool. they kind of mixed and matched things up there for a while and it was hard to figure out where you car came from. My late Edinger car had some unique parts on it that help distinguish it from a Cadillac car. Which include. No slot spring retainers, small top shock gaskets, long tube rear bulkhead, white idler gears, one hole rear shock tower and also the rear tires. They say "Team Associated" on them but I have noticed that the difference between them and my Cadilac ave car is that the spikes are the same diameter all the way down and my Cadillac car taper at the bottom like webbed feet. I'm not sure if that is something unique, but they are different from my other car.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

cool, now I know where those tires I have came from!!! I was gonna ask when I thought of it, but I have a set of those tires that say 'made in italy' on them.

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

I'm working on another early Edinger restore. I noticed that one of the motors has a turquoise colored label one is a blue label. Anybody have any information on that? I also noticed that all the E clips are larger than any other RC10 Ive ever seen.

vintagercfreak

Post by vintagercfreak »

After reading so many posts on the different variations of the early rc10's and caddy cars? My brain is overwhelmed with the info and knowledge you guys provide. I guess its now the thrill of the hunt for me to actually find those parts and put it all into one shelf queen! But that of course will probably take me years to find those parts. Unless i fnd that perfect early mint edinger car! :P