A stamp nitro

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Re: A stamp nitro

Post by justinspeed79 »

Cool project sixtysixduece. Looks like it runs pretty good. I wouldn't worry about the temps, 255 is not too hot. That is probably well within the O.S. recommended range. I don't know off the top of my head what they recommend for the .18CVR, but for most engines O.S. recommends a range of 220-280.

Sixtysixdeuce
Approved Member

Re: A stamp nitro

Post by Sixtysixdeuce »

I wouldn't worry about the temps, 255 is not too hot. That is probably well within the O.S. recommended range. I don't know off the top of my head what they recommend for the .18CVR, but for most engines O.S. recommends a range of 220-280.
Thanks, good to know. This is actually my first OS motor. Lots of experience with Picco from .06 to .28, AE .12 & .15, HPI motors, OFNA, LRP, Fantom and Toki. They all like to run between 220 and 250 with a good tune.

Incidentally, I just rebuilt a .15 CV, and that may be going in one of three RC10GTs I'm picking up tomorrow (unless something goes wrong). One of them is actually a GT2, which I don't have yet. In retrospect, I'd have been better off to just buy another HPI .18, as I'm into that damned OS for almost $90 now, but oh well.

As an aside, if anyone needs a complete PS assy. w/ one way bearing, back plate and shaft, this NV engines unit is a bargain. Made in Russia, seems quality. Only complaint is the size; its even larger than the already big PS that OS makes.

http://www.nvengines.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=124&category_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=67
"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead; It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid."