ID Help RC10T Nitro Conversion

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Re: ID Help RC10T Nitro Conversion

Post by templeofspeed »

I found my original post on this truck, including a note from the seller:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=701

kdlooneyone

Post by kdlooneyone »

Did you want the "Angled" motor mount or convert it to the upright mount like in the conversion kits ? I can PM you my address and phone number if you want to mail it to me, give me couple of weeks I can make another "Angled" mount or graph the newer one in it's place, I will be very reasonable. I'll be glad to work on it for ya. :D

BTW, I don't remember doubling up on the shock towers, owner must have doubled it.

kdlooneyone

Post by kdlooneyone »

I believe this kit was the "first run" batch we made, later we hard coated the chassis and it was same color (greenish, not gold) like the newer associated shock body, it did make the chassis more durable. Before running this truck, I would send the chassis off to have it hard coated, you won't regret it.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

That's not my truck (was one i found on another forum years ago), but I have an unbuilt kit still boxed with the natural alloy chassis just like it (as well as another built and run truck of the same generation). I'd prefer to go with the angled motor mount on the prototype, as that's what you did originally. I have a few sets of later flat mounts, but since the transmission case is larger I think the original setup is the way to go. PM me with your info and we'll get the ball rolling on this. I'd seriously back-burnered this project because I didn't really want to adapt an alternate mounting.

Another question: The NIB kit I have has the Kyosho fuel tank with the screw on cap, I've seen also a flip top tank. What's the story there?

Thanks again!

-geoff

DHood
Approved Member

Post by DHood »

After reading this thread I had to go dig mine out of storage. It's new built and never run but it's missing the engine mount. Temple, Do you have a extra one still?

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

DHood wrote:After reading this thread I had to go dig mine out of storage. It's new built and never run but it's missing the engine mount. Temple, Do you have a extra one still?
I'll check. No promises though. I have not looked through that stuff in a while, and I did sell some pieces to another member a while ago to help him get his together.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

What body was originally on these trucks? With the shock tower in back, the pickings must have been slim at the time.

kdlooneyone

Post by kdlooneyone »

Stock RC10T body worked if I can remember, you shouldn't have any problem. I just went downstairs and looked in my garrage and I could only see 2 Losi truck body, more I think about it, the stock 10T body, I believe I had to cut small opening for the top of the shocktower to be exposed. The 10GT body fit better I suppose.

kdlooneyone

Post by kdlooneyone »

templeofspeed wrote:
DHood wrote:After reading this thread I had to go dig mine out of storage. It's new built and never run but it's missing the engine mount. Temple, Do you have a extra one still?
I'll check. No promises though. I have not looked through that stuff in a while, and I did sell some pieces to another member a while ago to help him get his together.
I believe I have found some upright retail motor mount if templeof can't find any for ya. :) I found a angled motor mount in good shape also, all I would have to do is machine the adjustment plate to fit the chassis. 8)

Folks, I may have a great news for some enthusiasts out there. I just got back from my buddy Rich (of A-Main Racing), he ramsacked his basement closet for me, and found many random spare parts that he ended up with when Associated released their "Spy Photo", our phone quit ringing and we discontinued the sales of our kits. It's going to take some time sorting through these parts but I saw many chassis in different stages (some which the kickup is not even bent yet) hard coated Losi LXT Conversion chassis, few GT Conversion chassis, some radio trays, tranny cases, idler gear. I'll try to make sense of these parts (remember folks, I haven't done any RC stuff for about 15 years) I'll try to take inventory, and make these parts available either through Ebay or directly from me. Never know, I might come up with enough pieces to make a few complete kits if anyone is interested. Thank you for your patience. :) Kunio

Sir
Approved Member

Post by Sir »

klavy69 wrote:Hey Dell,
Welcome to the board from another newbie. I'm sure that one of these guys might have what you need or at least be able to send you in the right direction at obtaining one. Lots of useful stuff around here and if history is what you are after your in the right place.
Todd

Need some help here as well..trying to do an upgrade..:)

Tim W.
Approved Member

Post by Tim W. »

Heres a bit of info on kinwalds truck from back in the day....

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19425
Vintage rides: Worlds car, RC10T, RC10GT, XX, Rally Weapon
Current rides: B5M CE, T5M, SC5, MBX7, MBX6-T, 8IGHT 2.0, K1

Chris K
Approved Member

Post by Chris K »

WOW - it is great to see Kunio on here and to see that the interest in these trucks is coming back!

At the time of the the development of these, I was writing for RC News and Radio Controled Model Cars and actually did the reviews on both the Associated and the Losi versions. Being Kansas City area based and a VERY regular customer at Rich Boomsma's RC Motorsports shop I was able to see this entire project unfold before my eyes! And then be able to report it to some of the rest of the world!

When I was going through some pictures a couple of months ago I found some of the original prints which went to the magazine(s) (this was a LONG way before digital photography was main stream) so I scanned them for my personal web site (and now HERE). Sadly, my original trucks were sold to fund other projects BUT several years ago I was able to purchase a Losi converted truck - which is in good but not pristine condition and awaits restoration when 'I get old'.... :)

So, enjoy these for what they are!

Here's the first A Main conversion for the RC10T:

Other side!

These shots were done during the winter!!!!!!

The original GT was followed closely by the Team Losi conversion - which used LST parts along with the A Main custom chassis and radio tray/support! I don't have my original Losi truck either but do have a production truck filed away in my 'archives' - to be restored someday department!

This action picture (yes, I know it's blurry - I was just learning then!) of the Losi conversion was taken in the infancy of Real R/C Raceway - not much infrastructure there but we had a BLAST!

IF I get some time this weekend, I'll see if I can dig up some more!

Wherever you go; there you are!

empiguy63

Post by empiguy63 »

I was poking around the internet to find info on an a-main dudgeon rc10t nitro conversion kit I had recently found in the depths of my rc stuff when I found this thread. If anyone needs help looking for parts or the original instructions i have them this kit is not assembled and in the original box.

Chris K
Approved Member

Post by Chris K »

I'd say scan them and post'em - if nothing else they will make interesting reading for others PLUS it might help me to identify some of the parts I have floating around here....
Wherever you go; there you are!

dell
Approved Member

Post by dell »

Hello everybody. I started my search for the a-main nitro conversion truck about 2 years ago. Thanks to some members on this forum, I can say I am the proud owner of 6 a-main chassis in various forms of completion. I have 2 Losi conversions, (1 is race ready and the other I need a truck), 3 Associated conversions,(1 ready to race and 2 that need trucks), 1 dual deck chassis for the rc10gt that is also ready to race. I have been a fan since I saw the first conversion at my local race track some years back. I was in the hobby for just a few years and could not afford the price of a gas truck. This is the one truck that I have always wished I could have owned. I
I think I need to keep a better eye on this thread. I was under the impression that Kunio was out of the hobby. I hope I am not too late to take advantage of the parts sale, for I could use some parts.
Reuben Diaz