RC10T to RC10DS DIY conversion.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

daniels9424cs

RC10T to RC10DS DIY conversion.

Post by daniels9424cs »

Alright, I have this idea of converting my 10t to a psuedo 10ds floating around in my head. I think I could cut shock towers and a simple no-kick up nose from carbon, (if anyone has a template or basic measurments of the shock towers for a DS that would be great). And it seems I would have to change my width at the wheels to around 190-200mm, so as another question would buggy suspension pieces get me around there or would I need to find DS a-arms for this? Changing wheelbase should not really be a problem while making the nose. I will post pics if this comes to fruition.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: RC10T to RC10DS DIY conversion.

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

If you're making your own nose piece then pretty much any arms will get you any width you want, you'd just need to adjust the width of the nose piece. That is if I'm understanding you correctly. I love seeing on-road conversions. Especially homemade ones. Good luck.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

they used to sell a DS convsersion to take any tub car/truck and make it a DS.

If you want to make it a 190mm chassis, you could make your own noseplate, as you suggested or find a DS nose, and use either DS arms all around, or DS arms in the rear and narrow standard buggy fronts with a nose width adjusted to get the correct width. This all of course depends on the tires and wheels you are using, so I'd probably pick those out first and make the car 'fit' where those wheels will go.

about the trickiest part for you will be to find drive bones. You could stick with DS arms and bones for a minimal fabrication effort. otherwise, poke around with different touring car drive parts to find something that works. TC3/4/5 parts are a good start, though TC5 parts are metric.

daniels9424cs

Post by daniels9424cs »

So RC10 buggy rear arms are a different length? That's the main hold up question in this plan... How wide is and rc10? I was hoping to keep the truck front bulkhead in one piece, that would limit choices on front A-arms as well. According to tower hobby the front RPM rc10 arms are 58.5mm or 2.3 inches. the chassis is 2 inches across, meaning, about 51mm. So 58.5+58.5+51= 168mm across leave 32mm total or 16mm on each side which is .6 inches which should be not problem to fit the outside of zero offset rims and tires.

EDIT* alright, after much cross referencing (and resizing images and measuring I have found that tower hobbies apparently cannot measure. RPM front rc10 arms are about 75mm long and the rears are about 57mm. DS rears seem to be about 45mm long, and the fronts are about 65mm long. These few mm could be me just not being able to measure but they "seem" like they won't work, can anyone confirm my approximate measurments please.