Any Idahoans? Considering a move...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Any Idahoans? Considering a move...

Post by GoMachV »

Quite honestly I’m just done with Oregon. The wife would make more money due to lower taxes, and with her job being transitioned to remote anyway it just makes sense. Since I work from home it doesn’t matter where I’m located. We could easily sell our 1000sq/ft house here and get into a house easily double the size with property for the same payment. Just looking for input from people that live there. We are looking more at the Idaho falls area, but outskirts of Boise would be great as well. I could name off tons of places around here that I would recommend, but have no clue about areas in Idaho. Thanks in advance for any tips!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Patriiick
Approved Member

Re: Any Idahoans? Considering a move...

Post by Patriiick »

I’ve heard amazing stuff about their potatoes!
I can't drive 55 !

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Patriiick wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:48 pm I’ve heard amazing stuff about their potatoes!
:lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

I went to U of I up in Moscow. Liberal college town if you are into that scene. Southern Idaho can get pretty hot and dry and Utah"ish". Boise area is blowing up, kinda techy down that way. Mid to northern Idaho is nice enough. I know a dude that is the equipment manager at a golf course up in Coeur d'Alene. He loves it up there but has family there, etc. Lewiston can get hot as hell, lowest point in the state. Idaho gets a bad rap for some reason. McCall is like a miniature Jackson Hole, WY. It's a beautiful state, really.

But no, I'm not an Idahoan. So I'm really talking outta my ass, essentially. A buddy of mine used to live over off West Lombard in Portland. He bagged it for the Florida panhandle a few years back. He's a software guy though and he got a screaming deal when he sold his house. Loves it there. You wouldn't be the first guy to flee that area. The Governor is a nut and the people who already shit where they eat have been bringing their BS with them. Oregon definitely ain't the state I grew up in anymore. I love Oregon but I've been out east for the last 12 years. Rural NE Oregon. Not Bend "Eastern Oregon" like the asshats on the west side think of. No offense, Jeff. I grew up in the Willamette Valley. It just sucks to see the entire state get stong-armed by three counties.

*Ouch*........I must've twisted my ankle jumping off my soapbox.

Good luck dude. Sounds like you've been doing your homework on the idea.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

What about more to the midwest type thing?

Stay clear of Illinois but Montana, Dakotas or Iowa to stay towards the north all have decent state govts and taxes so you might be able to stay away from what your are moving from...

No experience but for the whole hate my governor thing here in illinois so good luck with your decisions.

For what its worth I've heard some good things about Idaho myself but instead of mimicking a fellow traxxan ( :wink: ) I'll leave it as his statements.
Todd

P.S. don't forget to stop by Andy's and pick up your molds as you go 8)
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:12 am ....But no, I'm not an Idahoan. So I'm really talking outta my ass, essentially.
Lol, I appreciate the insight on Moscow. I think we have it narrowed down to Pocatello or Idaho Falls. Maybe closer to Twin Falls or even Meridian. Something that isn’t terribly far for relatives and gives us a little distance between us and the neighbors.
klavy69 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:14 pm What about more to the midwest type thing?
Really it’s just about the distance to family. From where we live, a 10 hour drive isn’t terrible. If you start getting into a couple day drive we won’t be able to visit/be visited nearly as often.
P.S. don't forget to stop by Andy's and pick up your molds as you go 8)
Yeah for sure. That’s a 15 hour drive each way. Ugh. Also need to pick up the plastic molds from the place they are stored. That will be interesting.
Factory Works website

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

GoMachV wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:35 pm
Really it’s just about the distance to family. From where we live, a 10 hour drive isn’t terrible. If you start getting into a couple day drive we won’t be able to visit/be visited nearly as often.

Yeah for sure. That’s a 15 hour drive each way. Ugh. Also need to pick up the plastic molds from the place they are stored. That will be interesting.
hmm, seems like a win win to me but then again we're not a close knit family on my side...the other side is another story :roll:

Yeah, hope you can do something with the molds and getting the plastic molds. Seems like Idaho might be a good place to buy potatoes and start a vaccumolding business 8)
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

hmm, seems like a win win to me but then again we're not a close knit family on my side...the other side is another story :roll:
That’s my situation as well 😜
Factory Works website