Tenergy Batteries???

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

PBR Allstar
Approved Member

Tenergy Batteries???

Post by PBR Allstar »

Keep seeing the loose cell lots on ebay for attractive (read as cheap) prices. I've read a couple other places that they are junk, but no one mentions their setups? I was wondering if anyone here has used them for any sort of bashing or racing? most of my stuff is 27t, an on very rare occasion 19t, nothing more.

Any opinions?

Here's a link (for reference only) to the place that seems to sell a lot of them on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Pcs-of-Matched-Sub-C-4500mAh-NiMH-Battery-with-Tabs_W0QQitemZ260337447878QQihZ016QQcategoryZ34061QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

RC Chick
Approved Member

Re: Tenergy Batteries???

Post by RC Chick »

Id be glad to tell you how it works if I even got the battery I ordered from them!!!! I didn't go through ebay I found them doing a search. I ordered on battery for my son for christmas on the 16Th paid extra for priority mail. USPS says they left a notice, which they didn't. I called the post office 12 times looking for the package and went in person 3 times. It has vanished into thin air and get this, all battery will not ship out a new one until they get the "lost" one back! I asked what if they never get it back and I was told to call back on monday to see if one was sent out. I will never purchase from them again, I don't care how cheap their batteries are!!

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

I have a tenergy 4200 that was in a lot of parts and stuff from ebay. its okay, hard to judge because all my other packs are matched HV cells, but these perform adequately. they are in a stick pack, so i really dont have a way to put them on my discharger and cycle them like i would my old race packs.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I bought some Tenergy batteries about 2 yrs ago. They were 3500s and had nice heavy wiring-- I used them for racing and they still run great. About 6 months later all-battery had 3800s so I tried again-- they were lousy: tiny 16ga wire and just poor performance.
I did get a bunch of their 2300 nicd packs and also 2300 nicd loose cells-- I made hump packs for the Hornet & Wild Willy when I first got back into RC. I also used those for my rotostarts when I tried nitro. I would say that those 2300s are decent nicds.
So I guess for me Tenergy batteries are hit-or-miss. I have heard their newer cells are acceptable, but for the price I paid for my packs overall I have been happy with them. Just avoid the 3800s. ;)
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

dubfreak
Approved Member

Post by dubfreak »

i've run the 4200 for several month they where good but like evrery thing some packs where beter then others so i sold them and convert to li-po best move i done in my almost 20 years of rc so much power in those 5000mah

frank