Yokomo 1994 YZ-10 Super Dogfighter (the actual car shown on the kit box)

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Yokomo 1994 YZ-10 Super Dogfighter (the actual car shown on the kit box)

Post by TokyoProf »

Hello all,

Glad to share in the joy of the hobby. This is an all original 1994 YZ-10 Super Dogfighter YZ-10 with original electronics.
Discovered recently during the pandemic, that this is the car shown on the bottom of the box.

ak
Attachments
Yokomo.jpg
Yokomo closeup.jpg
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

Dadio
Approved Member

Re: Yokomo 1994 YZ-10 Super Dogfighter YZ-10 with vintage electronics

Post by Dadio »

Very very nice !
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

Thank you for sharing, absolutely stunning!!! I may be a little jealous given it has taken me 7 years to piece my 94 together and it is still not complete. This definitely keeps me motivated :D
I come for the RC10's but stay for the Yokomo's :P

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

Toaster wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:38 pm Thank you for sharing, absolutely stunning!!! I may be a little jealous given it has taken me 7 years to piece my 94 together and it is still not complete. This definitely keeps me motivated :D
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

Toaster wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:38 pm Thank you for sharing, absolutely stunning!!! I may be a little jealous given it has taken me 7 years to piece my 94 together and it is still not complete. This definitely keeps me motivated :D
Thank you kindly. Well, I must say I was lucky in getting this model via auction. I learned after the fact that this might be the actual model shown on the kit box for the 94 kit--pretty rare indeed. So, I can't take credit for assembling this myself :). The whole time this was just a shelf queen on my bookshelf in my office. I'm going to try to preserve and store this in a display case in the coming year.

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

A display case would definitely be a cool idea for a car of this historical significance, from staring at the box art for years trying to mimic that same car I can attest to that lol

Out of curiosity and for the sake of my own sanity would you be willing to divulge what servo and receiver are in the car? :mrgreen:

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

Toaster wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:36 pm A display case would definitely be a cool idea for a car of this historical significance, from staring at the box art for years trying to mimic that same car I can attest to that lol

Out of curiosity and for the sake of my own sanity would you be willing to divulge what servo and receiver are in the car? :mrgreen:
Hello! Back at the office, and taking the velcroed body off is a pain (ripped a little bit of the old polycarbonate body in the past). Have to be very careful since the body is quite thin and weak. Looked at the electronics and found....NOTHING! The stickers were taken off both the receiver AND the servo. I think this was intentional to keep from advertising other companies on both the box and manual. Further confirms that the car I have was from the actual box. All I know is that the electronics were all Made in Japan.

Here are a few picks for you to confirm.
Attachments
image_67236865.JPG
image_50417665.JPG
image_67213313.JPG

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

It’s just so cool, literally decades spent staring at the box and ‘poof’ here is the actual car. Really appreciate you taking the time to take those pics and respond, ends a very very long mystery for me, thank you.

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration