J.M's Cougar2 'WORKS' & 'TEAM' cars

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bormac
Approved Member

Re: J.M's Cougar2 'WORKS' & 'TEAM' cars

Post by Bormac »

Dan I'm sorry to hear those front shocks leaked so much oil. While I really like the schuey shocks of that era, I much prefer the purple alloy shock seal housing over the plastic standard items. The alloy housing seems to support the seals a little better and I have not had any leaks with them. You should look into a set for this car. The purple ano matches the chassis too :D
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

J.M. wrote:Dan I'm sorry to hear those front shocks leaked so much oil. While I really like the schuey shocks of that era, I much prefer the purple alloy shock seal housing over the plastic standard items. The alloy housing seems to support the seals a little better and I have not had any leaks with them. You should look into a set for this car. The purple ano matches the chassis too :D
Haha - no worries, as you say those shocks aren't the greatest & after a fair period of time of just sitting on a shelf its to be expected that the seals will deteriate.

I actually do have a set of those alloy housings ear-marked for this car but they are currently on my old Axis touring car which is left over from my 'B' team Schumacher days.... they were definately one of the most worthwhile mods & all my cars from that time had them. I believe these seal housings are still available direct from Schumacher for their small-bore shocks?

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Dan those seal housings are still around. I have bought many of them over the past few years and they are on all my shocks of cars which I drive. They certainly turn an average damper into a great one.
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

helios1

Post by helios1 »

You really know how to make coool 8) 8) looking paint schemes Jason!!!! Keep up the good work!!! Shells from K..tec??

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

J.M. wrote:Dan those seal housings are still around. I have bought many of them over the past few years and they are on all my shocks of cars which I drive. They certainly turn an average damper into a great one.
For sure! I quick question Jason.... my Cougar has the grey 'ball gripper' (Ouch!!) ball ends on the links (& shocks) - would these be correct for a 'Works' or would they have originally been the black ball ends that came with the original Cougars (Inc Cougar2 Sport/Race/Team) ?

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Hi Dan.
That I am not certain on but I thought they would have been. Could be wrong but I'm sure someone else here (possibly UZZI) will know.
Cheers-Jason
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

uzzi
Approved Member

Post by uzzi »

Hi guys,

I am no expert on the Cougar2 but check out Minichamps version in Tamiya club (very clear picture of the front end) they look like the newer grey versions but appear black.

Hope this helps...cheers!

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

My works has the newer style ball cups, but they're black rather than grey. Maybe Schumacher changed the plastics but not the mould after the C2 works?

Paul.

moozo
Approved Member

Post by moozo »

Ok after checking my cougar works manual the ball cups they use are t320 which after finding some are slightly different
e.g
P8110044.JPG
P8110045.JPG
hope this helps

Mick

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Mmm - interesting thanks for the info guys :)

I have a feeling that the black newer-style 'ball gripper' ball cups are the correct parts for the 'Works' - having found magazine reviews (Google searches) for both the original red chassis Cougar2 & the later release Works car the images seems to show the T320 part on the original Cougar2 (same as used for Cougar1) yet the images for the Works car shows the sloped top of the later part. As the Cougar2 Works manual is really an addendum of the sport/race/team manual I guess its not suprising that I may still list the T320 part?

Works;

Team;

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

I have a Cougar 2 (red chassis) and it has the T320 Ball gripper.
The midle one in Moozo´s picture.

My front suspension arms are T333 and they doesn´t look like the ones on the Team car, Derby Dan posted. Did the team car have an updated version?

Thanks
Dennis
Gone fishing

crusaderlyf
Approved Member

Post by crusaderlyf »

In my country hard to find any schumacher production, finally got my cougar2 team and works, but spend a lot of money :(

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

DennisM wrote:I have a Cougar 2 (red chassis) and it has the T320 Ball gripper.
The midle one in Moozo´s picture.

My front suspension arms are T333 and they doesn´t look like the ones on the Team car, Derby Dan posted. Did the team car have an updated version?

Thanks
Dennis
All Cougar2s had the swept suspension arms - the T333s are the straight arms from the original Cougar1..... & continued to be used for the Club10 series of cars. IIRC the straight arms gave 'safer' handling (more understeer) which many people prefered - they also seemed to be stronger than the later swpt arms too :?: