CALLING ALL EDINGER EDTION RC10 CARS ONLY PICS/INFO

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

albert

Re: CALLING ALL EDINGER EDTION RC10 CARS ONLY PICS/INFO

Post by albert »

greene-r74 wrote:Ive probably owned 15 rc10's. 2 early Edinger's and 3 later, plus Cadillac ave, and black chassis cars. Ive never seen one stamped on the bottom. Ive seen the stamp press so hard from the top it left an indention in the bottom. But none actually stamped from the bottom.
I have one that is stamped on both sides.
Attachments
IMAG0162.jpg

albert

Post by albert »

albert wrote:
greene-r74 wrote:Ive probably owned 15 rc10's. 2 early Edinger's and 3 later, plus Cadillac ave, and black chassis cars. Ive never seen one stamped on the bottom. Ive seen the stamp press so hard from the top it left an indention in the bottom. But none actually stamped from the bottom.
I have one that is stamped on both sides.
Attachments
IMAG0160.jpg

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

Ive never seen one stamped on the bottom either. That looks like a "P"

As far as the color of the chassis goes. Excuse my messy work bench, have more projects going on then space to work on them. First and lightest car is the earliest one I have. The 2nd chassis only is actually from a "C" stamp late champ car. The one that came with black worlds arms and rear bulkhead. The chassis was hacked up and basically junk. The 3rd car is my next earliest. All the "orange" gold cars are all Edinger cars as well

my earliest next to my latest

albert

Post by albert »

greene-r74 wrote:Ive never seen one stamped on the bottom either. That looks like a "P"

As far as the color of the chassis goes. Excuse my messy work bench, have more projects going on then space to work on them. First and lightest car is the earliest one I have. The 2nd chassis only is actually from a "C" stamp late champ car. The one that came with black worlds arms and rear bulkhead. The chassis was hacked up and basically junk. The 3rd car is my next earliest. All the "orange" gold cars are all Edinger cars as well

my earliest next to my latest
You must have a Passion for gold pans like me, they are fun to drive Nd its very fun to collect them. Nice collection. It's hard to see the A stamped on the bottom but the p it part of the aluminum showing through. I wonder if associated ever made 3 shades of the gold?

albert

Post by albert »

mikenice wrote:THIS POST IS FOR EDINGER RC10'S ONLY. would like to see how many of us on here own this rare peice of r/c history :) well first off i bought mine off ebay around 10 years ago knowing nothing about edinger at all, all i knew was i have always wanted one since they were just a really cool looking car plus the old ads i would see as a kid kinda helped a bit also lol. the only reason i bought this one was it was cheap, ready to run and looked pretty clean in the pics. when i bought it, it was missing the org body and wing prob helped with the price :) now thanks to SCR8P for pointing me in the right direction on this great site i just found out like 3 days ago i own a early edinger edtion rc10 with the BOTTOM A STAMP. now besides it not having the orginal body and wing it is pretty much all orginal and correct. well opened up one shock doesnt have the notch piston :(
My light gold pan has an A stamp on the top and an A stamp on the bottom. Is that rare? Thanks.

Jeep-Power
Approved Member

Post by Jeep-Power »

I am pretty sure mine was a Edinger-- only because it has (or had) all the right indicators/parts/features. the only things it didn't have were the non-hex ballcups, dished lower spring retainers, & slotted shock pistons.

Thread HERE

TallPeter ~ Hopeless Gearhead
Early Goldpans 'Fun Buggy' RC10C B44.3 RC8B3.1 RC12l 10LS Pro10

transamman908
Approved Member

Post by transamman908 »

Here is one of my early cars. No Goodyears but all the other bells n whistles
Attachments
007.JPG
008.JPG
006.JPG
If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

The the story of my unstamped that I've had for 27 years now is here.
- Brian -

My Gallery

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

If you have an Edinger box with a glued on paper end label you should probably exclude yourself... The rubber stamped boxes at least get you into the world of early, although still not "elite" early...

rc10reborn

Post by rc10reborn »

lol just realized i have/had a earlier Cadillac now about to be a hack and slash modern basher. If i could have only told my dad when I was born don't build that lol I would have some extra money in my pocket lol but nothing repays the feeling of feeling like a kid lol everything goes away I'm one with the road/track haha....

albert

Post by albert »

mikenice wrote:THIS POST IS FOR EDINGER RC10'S ONLY. would like to see how many of us on here own this rare peice of r/c history :) well first off i bought mine off ebay around 10 years ago knowing nothing about edinger at all, all i knew was i have always wanted one since they were just a really cool looking car plus the old ads i would see as a kid kinda helped a bit also lol. the only reason i bought this one was it was cheap, ready to run and looked pretty clean in the pics. when i bought it, it was missing the org body and wing prob helped with the price :) now thanks to SCR8P for pointing me in the right direction on this great site i just found out like 3 days ago i own a early edinger edtion rc10 with the BOTTOM A STAMP. now besides it not having the orginal body and wing it is pretty much all orginal and correct. well opened up one shock doesnt have the notch piston :(
Hi do you know if the address on the green label stock motor of team associated an Edinger address? Thanks.

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

Green or aqua?

albert

Post by albert »

greene-r74 wrote:Green or aqua?
Kinda in between,its a Chrome type shiny like the blue cadilac one.

greene-r74
Approved Member

Post by greene-r74 »

Yes that should be an early motor. I had one, sold it with a car and never saw another one.

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

Are the Marui goodyear tires easy to source?