duratrax rc10 gas conversion real or misinformed. asap help!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

87fierogt
Approved Member

duratrax rc10 gas conversion real or misinformed. asap help!

Post by 87fierogt »

hey guys theres a rc10 i am interested in purchaseing its claimed to be a duratrax nitro conversion with 2wd with chain drive. is this a real deal or someone not knowing what their selling? its a heap but id take the chain drive and chassis and build it up from there. i need to know asap
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

DHood
Approved Member

Re: duratrax rc10 gas conversion real or misinformed. asap help!

Post by DHood »

Yes, I have two of them. Parts are very tough to come by especialy the clutch parts. I will post some pics later today.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Before there was the RC10GT, the only way to get a gas truck was with a conversion kit. I may have some pics from a towerhobbies catalog. I will check.

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

thanks guys im gonna go for it! the truck has the chain drive stuff,chassis etc just the suspension stuff looks beat how much are these worth when restored/and how rare i just dont wanna over pay as it needs ALOT of work
speed r/c taking car of all your rebuilds/restore/used and new custom builds/and anything in between pm me for quotes and`pics of previous builds

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

if i get this im gonna use it for the pro tourin/prostreet tube chassis build this will be the base because i wanna use rc10 suspension since the stuff is dirt cheap not counting motor/electronics im looking to spend about 100 total and my dads gonna do the welding and he has a discount with mcmaster so this should be quite easy it was get all used parts besides the fantom .12 motor(1.5hp 43000rpm). it will get wide 2.2 street tires all around for the pro touring or 2.2 rear street and skinny buggy tires in front all tucked under a clod or 80 blazer or c10 body

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

read the rules, no "how much is it worth" type threads. It's worth whatever you are willing to pay for it.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Like markt311 said its worth what you are willing to pay for it but if its the one I just passed up on last week from nbvwfan its worth minimum $150 to him and its missing the clutch assy and parts. It was pretty much complete besides that but by the pix it was definitely put thru the ringer. Thats only if its that one or not though. good luck.
Todd

Just checked and neither of the ones listed were his. Looks like the one listed goin off in a couple hours is mostly complete besides the OS motor that came with it and clutch assy besides some of the minor parts but I'm no expert by any means on these kits either. The NIB set looks to have part numbers and such so maybe you can look up that one by part number and get some info on it to see what the other is missing.
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

nah its a diffrent one. and i didnt start the thread to ask what its worth but i was asking for some direction which i dont see why anyone would be mad? :roll: i havnt seen one of these before and its something im interested in but i dont wanna spend a million bucks if it aint worth it. i plan on useing it on my custom tube chassis and i started this to get info on it as ive never seen it before im nowhere near new to the r/c game but im new to old conversions and hop ups. we all start in diffrent times so we gotta start somewhere... it seems like everytime i post something your correcting me i dunno if you have a problem with me :?:
i could see if i started this and right away said whats it worth or how rare but its really not at a high amount but i didnt wanna get stuck with just some old duratrax truck...

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Its not that you asked it but its a general idea that its only worth what you are willing to pay for it. If you are after the tranny then try your best to get it but there really is no price tag for something that was sold that long ago. Its like if anything old I guess...a 1969 mustang sold for under $3000 new off the showroom floor but today a guy born in 1954 wants one in showroom condition and willing to pay $30k for that car but say me born in 1969 is willing to pay alot more than that for my birth year reason. I'm not really good with analogies but I hope you see the point...
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I don't have a problem with anyone, and I don't get mad over stuff posted on forums. Just everytime you start a thread by the 3rd reply you're offering a service, or like this one you're asking what it's worth. You didn't post any pictures so how could anyone tell what kind of shape it's in? or if it's missing parts etc...

Without pictures I'd say it's worth nothing. If you are looking to collect a good example of an early conversion kit then it depends on what you're looking to get. You're not looking for that though so it's basically worth whatever you're willing to spend on it based on the condition, and useable parts for your project. Easy enough for someone who's been in the game for a long time to throw an offer out, if the seller wants more, then they'll counter offer. :roll: :roll: :idea: I hope that helps.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

87fierogt
Approved Member

Post by 87fierogt »

no hard feelings here then and im going to purchase a section in the vendors spot to take care of it. the paint i offered i didnt charge anything but paint im actually loosing money. i have no problem throwin an offer out but its hard to say a guy paid 500$ for my gt2 that although it was super nice and a former pros truck i would have never gotten it otherwise. i just dont wanna over pay. i will be useing the chassis and chair drive setup its unique thats what i like plus it seems like its super strong. and i could always build it back to what it was orig used for after i make the prototype tube chassis protouring car. it does look beat but what i need is there but times are tight so every penny i can save the better thats the only reason i asked. i mean it wont hurt me to pass it up but ive never seen one and its kinda neat