Vintage off road Castle Hill,Sydney-Australia 24-25/4/2010

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bormac
Approved Member

Vintage off road Castle Hill,Sydney-Australia 24-25/4/2010

Post by Bormac »

Sydney Australia yet again plays host to what is promising to be the best vintage get together yet!

Over the past few years we have converged on race tracks across Sydney and have seen some great events at Ryde and St Ives. This time its Castle Hill's turn.

A few months ago Retro R/C was in town to race in the NSW state titles at Castle Hill with his new Durango. Seeing that this track was only a short drive from my work I figured I'd make the trip out to see him run. I was shocked to see such an extraordinarily well kept faciltiy. There was a very solid blue groove right round the track. Along with this the track looked very old skool with lots of lush green infield, timber retaining walls and a distinct lack of moto-cross style jumps.

Darryn had mentioned over the phone that this track would be well suited to vintage and he couldn't have been more right! It wasn't long after this that Darryn began discussions with the club to see if they would welcome and host a vintage meeting in the near future. All things said and done and now we are only two weeks out from what is promising to be a brilliant 2 day event.

As it stands there will be a social day on Saturday the 24th of April. This will be a perfect opportunity for drivers to test their vehicles without the pressure of organised racing to worry about. Also a good opportunity to enjoy a relaxed day to meet new and old friends and talk about days long gone.

The Sunday is set for some serious (no not realy) racing. There are 6 classes on offer to keep things simple.
Basicaly the rules are simple with all vehicles required to meet a December 1990 cut off date. The classes are as follows-

SPORTSMAN (tub class).
Basicaly the simple entry level plastic fantastic tub class. These are any cars with fixed camber such as the HORNET, GRASSHOPPER, HUNTER etc...Motor is limited to a silver can 540 motor and the cars are not permitted to be modified beyond recognition.

2WD SEALED CAN.
Any 2WD with a motor limit of the Tamiya SportsTuned or any silver can 540 motor.

4WD SEALED CAN.
Any 4WD buggy with the same motor limitations as above.

2WD OPEN.
Exactly as the name suggests. Bolt in any combo of brushed/brushless motor.

4WD OPEN.
Again as above.

TRUCK.
Any stadium truck which meets with the Dec.1990 cut off. Sporting any motor from memory.

Darryn has gone to alot of trouble for this event and has many suprises set in place ahead of time. Every car must run an aerial and will be presented with a coloured flag which will be counted by the old 'clickers' style of lap scoring.

There is already a strong field of entries and this promises to be a great event!!!

The thread over on RC TECH-
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/351727-vintage-racing-castle-hill-n-s-w-2010-a.html
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Bormac
Approved Member

Re: Vintage off road Castle Hill,Sydney-Australia 24-25/4/2010

Post by Bormac »

With only 2 weeks till this meet takes place I wanted to get a few cars onto the race track to work out any weaknesses. Gladly all my cars drove very well.
The action pics are thanks to Murray Thompson (Muzza T) who had his big lense on hand. The very nice Hot Shot2 and Super Shot buggies belong to Adam (AJFORD).

-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980