What years was XX made and sold?

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RCveteran
Approved Member

What years was XX made and sold?

Post by RCveteran »

Not knowing much about them and now owning three of them and enough parts to build a couple more I am getting more curious.

The XX replaced the JRx2 correct? What years was it sold, was it a successful racer at national and world level etc? Who designed it mostly? A little history from those that may know please? I left the hobby about the time it came out and now being back I missed this chunk of time in my knowledge file.

kaiser
Approved Member

Re: What years was XX made and sold?

Post by kaiser »

the jrxpro and similar replaced the jrx2 although they are all pretty similar. the xx was the next genration of losi buggies.

i want to say the xx came out in 93, thats when i got mine and i'm pretty sure they had just come out.

IIRC gil jr designed it with help form the team, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

i was running a worlds rc10 (actually a worlds front and a houge trailing arm/chassis set) at the time and was constantly getting outclassed by the few guys that had xx's, one of them let me run the car in a heat and at the end of that day i bought one.

i know the guy who ended up with my xx, i should see if he wants to sell it back to me. lol

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

I wish I could get my old XX back - definately the best car I ever owned :(

Joel Johnson TQd his XX at its debut at the 93 Worlds - i'm guessing this may have been a pre-production car, but I guess it would have been released soon after? I think production would have ended around 1998/99?? Which was about when I brought my Triple X. The DoubleX replaced the JRX Pro SE.

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

i think dan is right, thinking back i moved to ct dec 93, so i must have bought mine spring 94.

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

I will probably have one or almost a complete one for sale soon. I have a nice runner going now with full CR suspension and I have two other runners actually, I think one of those will get rebuilt with all new graphite chasssis and graphite CR suspenion parts for the shelf and the third, maybe just hang out or off to another owner.