Mega Score... Vintage Treasure!

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

paNX2K&SE-R

Re: Mega Score... Vintage Treasure!

Post by paNX2K&SE-R »

Wow talk about some great luck! What are your plans for the new stuff?

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

THE NIGHT AFTER...i GUY CAME INTO HIS SHOP ...and he got 3 more cool rigs..... :D

dahlelama
Approved Member

Post by dahlelama »

Now she's really gonna kill me. Once I get enough meaningful posts on this board and I have access to the Buy-Sell-Trade section I will definately put a few things up. I'm gonna have to!

As Soncho just posted... the vintage RC rain keeps falling. This week a great guy came in the shop needing a couple things to get these "old rc cars" up and running. I wasnt at the shop at the time he came in so, one of my crew seeing an RC10 buggy and knowing my interest in these things called me and I talked to the guy on the phone. Turns out he was getting these cars into running order so he could send them to his two boys who are currently serving in the military. These were their old cars. One son is a newly gradulated Navy Pilot. The other son is being deployed back to Iraq this week and he wanted his dad to send him his old RC car so he could let Iraqi children play with it. I believe he is a medic or a doctor with his unit. My caution to him was that in addition to the potential collector value of these cars, in the event that these RC's were broken (likely because kids would be running them), that finding parts could be very difficult. I hadn't seen the cars in person but I told him that I'd like to see them and that I'd be interested in setting him up with something new as trade or partial trade depending on what shape the RC10's were in.

In short, we met up the next day and worked out a deal for the RC10's. I am now building out new Traxxas Slash trucks with 2.4ghz radios, extra batteries, fast chargers and custom painted HUMMV bodies to send off to his boys. I'll put a crash kit together for each one as well. One HUMMV will be a US Army scheme and the other a US Navy scheme. I'll post pictures of the finished Slashes before they are boxed up and shipped off.

Earlier this year we built out a Slash 4x4 with a custom Baja body painted up and custom decaled in a dark green Army scheme. Sent that one off to one of our soldiers stationed in Afganastan. We love doing that kind of stuff.

Here are pics of the 10's.
edit note - YIKES! Pics are larger this time. Updated the iPhone and now it gives me options. I chose "Large". I'll try medium next time.
I call these two trucks "Perfect Tens"

ASC7035 RC10-T - Early Team truck. All the plastics have been dyed black but very clean truck.

ASC7036 RC10-T2 - I never had any interest in getting a T2 until I saw this truck. Very clean! Image

RC10 6 gear car. All the plastics have been dyed black.
DahlELama
Yeah... I'm that stupid.

dahlelama
Approved Member

Post by dahlelama »

Prince Steve Posted: I also wanted to point out that I admire the job you guys are taking on with the St. Luke's Neonatal support. I am in the Health field and commend you guys.
Thank you. The St. Lukes NICU series is a labor of love for us. My wife and I have twin boys (now 8yrs old) so we know how special a place the NICU is.

"Soncho Panza" as he is known on this site has been a huge part of making the series a success as well. Couldn't do it without the likes of Soncho! That boy can wheel!

e.
DahlELama
Yeah... I'm that stupid.

paNX2K&SE-R

Post by paNX2K&SE-R »

Wow more gems for the collection, it doesn't end lol.