Epic race, Atlanta Supercross!!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

markt311
Approved Member

Epic race, Atlanta Supercross!!

Post by markt311 »

Did anyone else catch the Atlanta Supercross race that was on Speed tonight? Best race I've seen in a long time. Stewart almost took himself out twice, in typical James Stewart fashion, giving Reed the lead. Stewart used his team mate Regals to make a dirty block pass on Reed at the start of the last lap. Reed came back and really made a dirty block pass, both riders went down, letting Villapoto and Dungey by for 1st and 2nd and then Reed blocked out Stewart at the finish line jump to take 3rd.

This has been the most competitive season of supercross I've seen in a long time. Usually it's one guy dominating, but this year you have 4 or 5 guys all fighting it out for the title. Stewart, Villapoto, Reed, Dungey, and Canard all in the mix every week.

I'm not a fan of anyone in particular, but Stewart's style of riding makes me not like him very much. He's the "pin it to win it" guy, with no regard for his or anyone else's safety. No wonder he gets hurt so much.

Dungey was gifted the title last year, since everyone got hurt, but that's supercross. Personally I don't think he's that good, he's one dumb move away from getting paralyzed.

Villapoto is the steady guy who stays out of trouble most of the time.

Reed has something to prove, after he couldn't get a ride he started his own team.

Canard is not quite there yet, but he's fast enough to compete if he doesn't screw up.

Don't get me started on Malcolm Stewart, James' little brother. You can tell by listening to him talk that he's a little arrogant. He seems like because his brother is a great rider that he will be the same. Although he can barely get in the top 10 in the lights class.

I hope everyone else enjoyed the competition as much as I did.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Seabass
Business Member

Re: Epic race, Atlanta Supercross!!

Post by Seabass »

Mark that was a great race. The main was full of excitement, not usually the norm. I don't care much for Reed but I was glad to see him leading the race and going at it with Stewart. I would love to see Stewart end up without the title this year as well.

I would have to say my favorite rider this year is Canard. He is fast enough to compete but is still making mistakes costing himself wins.

Dungey is a huge disappointment. I really liked Dungey in the lites class and hoped he would do well. Last year was a a give away and I expected he would come out charging this year, I have yet to see that happen.

This seaon is getting better and better each race. Daytona should be a great race.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Dungy is not as slow as you think, he is a very fluid rider. I know last year was a give away! Not to take anything away from the Wolf Man Web, but I think Dungy is lost with out Roger's guidence!

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

slotcarrod wrote:Dungy is not as slow as you think, he is a very fluid rider. I know last year was a give away! Not to take anything away from the Wolf Man Web, but I think Dungy is lost with out Roger's guidence!
Suzuki without De Coster has to be a tough one to work through - for Dungey personally and for Team Suzuki. But he seems to be a quick study and what a teacher to have had, right?

For me, it's too easy to say that Dungey took home the title last year due to attrition, Stewart not being in the mix, etc. It's not like the other riders in that series are amateurs and that he wasn't competitive against the top seasoned riders. They're all there this season, and I'm pretty sure I've already seen Dungey on the podium a couple of times. Even with his successes so far, he's young and still learning. Personally, I think we've yet to see his best.

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

No doubt Dungey is a talented rider. I was hoping to see some fire in his eyes this year, and I yet to see it. I am sure as he matures he will do just fine.

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

I don't think Dungey's slow either, he just doesn't have the speed all the time. He lacks focus through the middle part of the race.

Canard is going to be really good if he can stop grabbing a ton of front brake and going down in the corners.

Outdoors it's a different ballgame, Daytona is going to be fun to watch.
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

I think he's a fast rider as long as he keeps his head in the game. Personally I think his confidence is in the toilet after last year's gimme and this year's "yank your head out of the clouds" butt spanking.