The one that got away (Cars you missed out on) thread

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Re:

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

shodog wrote:I kept the completed auction link and on a whim e-mailed the buyer about a month later. Turns out the wheels wouldn't work for him and I was able to buy them. Now their on my Hpi F-1

Awesome, I have done this sort of thing a bunch of times, it's amazing how much it works out.

Sweet rig there shodog! 8)

Tadracket
Approved Member

Re: The one that got away (Cars you missed out on) thread

Post by Tadracket »

I bid on a lot that was brought to a pawn shop by a woman who said her son was given all the boxes by a fellow that use to write for a famous rc magazine. I was beat out by Kenooze I think but was offered a second chance by the dealer because he does not accept over sea bids.

I talked to the gentleman 3 more times that day getting everything worked out. He had 3 Tekin on roads that were never used. 6 more boxes of on road car stuff. Each box had all the parts to build another car and the parts were NIP.

He had like 4 or 5 more boxes filled with RC10 stuff, old books, magazines, stickers. Had one box that was nothing but batteries. 50 pounds worth and a lot of them never opened. I think my bid was $345 or something like that. But when he made the offer through eBay to end all offers, he selected the wrong name. He tried to retract it but the other guy paid him in less than 10 minutes.

Oh well. That one will haunt me for a long time to come.
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Mine would have to be this
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1859

Ed put it on ebay, I found it, put it in my ebay watch list and next thing it's 'no longer available'. :evil:

Had one or two recently when people ask in various forums "I've just bought/found this can anyone identify it" then find whatever I give in reply copied and used as the description on ebay :twisted: :twisted: Even more annoying when you say you would be interested in it in your reply.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Since Terry just reminded me, one that haunts me is similar in content to what he just posted. At a LHS, there were two NIP Associated badged Carbon Fiber YZ-10 chassis, weave... not graphite). For whatever reason, I had them in my hand and decided not to...... prob cause I just spent like $500 or so. Well, to make matters worse, I want back a few months later and the place was literally gutted, completely empty. The guy closed his doors and I have no idea where the stuff ended up. Dumpster maybe? Kick myself everyday for that one, amongst others.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

terry.sc wrote:Mine would have to be this
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1859

Ed put it on ebay, I found it, put it in my ebay watch list and next thing it's 'no longer available'. :evil:
I dunno if that's a typo Terry, but I never put it on ebay, I was interested in buying it and asked for your guy's opinion. I got a valuation from you all (cheers :) )and struck up a deal with the seller which eventually didn't go through, can't remember why.

Pretty sure I never even saw it on ebay though as I got those pics and info from tamiyaclub where someone asked about it in the first place.

I could find the TC link if you're interested?

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Tadracket wrote:I bid on a lot that was brought to a pawn shop by a woman who said her son was given all the boxes by a fellow that use to write for a famous rc magazine. I was beat out by Kenooze I think but was offered a second chance by the dealer because he does not accept over sea bids.

I talked to the gentleman 3 more times that day getting everything worked out. He had 3 Tekin on roads that were never used. 6 more boxes of on road car stuff. Each box had all the parts to build another car and the parts were NIP.

He had like 4 or 5 more boxes filled with RC10 stuff, old books, magazines, stickers. Had one box that was nothing but batteries. 50 pounds worth and a lot of them never opened. I think my bid was $345 or something like that. But when he made the offer through eBay to end all offers, he selected the wrong name. He tried to retract it but the other guy paid him in less than 10 minutes.

Oh well. That one will haunt me for a long time to come.
Whoah :shock: gutted for you!

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Dr. Robotnik wrote: I dunno if that's a typo Terry, but I never put it on ebay, I was interested in buying it and asked for your guy's opinion. I got a valuation from you all (cheers :) )and struck up a deal with the seller which eventually didn't go through, can't remember why.

Pretty sure I never even saw it on ebay though as I got those pics and info from tamiyaclub where someone asked about it in the first place.
Saw it on ebay using the same photos, I guess it was the original seller, and was surprised to see it there. With a £90 BIN which was a bit too much for me considering it's condition hoping no one else noticed what it was but I would have paid that to get something so unique if I had to to get it. Next day it was gone :cry: