Schumacher Big 6 Lotus 2wd

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dahlelama
Approved Member

Schumacher Big 6 Lotus 2wd

Post by dahlelama »

A guy came in the shop and was talking about some old Schumacher Lotus 1/6th scale. I had never seen one so I asked him to bring it in. Now I own it... just cant help myself!

I think it's pretty cool. Think I'll drop some big brushless power in it and let er rip.

DahlELama
Yeah... I'm that stupid.

arf
Approved Member

Re: Schumacher Big 6 Lotus 2wd

Post by arf »

Had the nitro version. Belt driven tranny. Wonderful in it's simplicity and very fast. The arms were fragile even after running over drainage strips they cracked. After the third set of arms ordered from Schumacher USA in Florida I had to give up.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Re: Schumacher Big 6 Lotus 2wd

Post by Incredible_Serious »

I had a Big 6 for a lot of years, just sold it last year... great fun car to drive. I drove mine last on the Velodrome with twin NiMH packs and a 4.5R brushless.... used to melt the solder on the battery wiring, and I'd lose power!

Really nice car for having fun with... a lot of parts shared with buggies as far back as the Cougar. Plenty of upgrades about too. I did break arms, as arf mentioned, probably due to the huge forces created by the big front wheels / tyres. I also had the problem of the bodyshell folding over at speed.... it needs to be braced horizontally back to the leading edge of the chassis plate, or a BIG foam front bumper needs to be added...

Great fun car though.... take it for a run, you'll have a grin from ear to ear! Make sure you have lots of space, though :lol: :wink:

One suggestion though, ensure the BEC in your ESC is up to it... I ran a separate receiver pack, as under heavy acceleration my receiver used to drop out with the Novak GTB I was using.

Alex

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!