New member, potential vendor, and RC10 fan!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

toyranosaur
Business Member

Re: New member, potential vendor, and RC10 fan!

Post by toyranosaur »

A few of those 1st Emails I couldn't view, as I needed x # of posts: Now I see 'em, I don't find anything that's not totally doable (MIP 4WD a possible exception, gotta wait to learn more about 'em.) I'm actually gonna call Eustace, whom I've met & he liked me (Since I gave him a custom-engraved set of shock pliers... :lol: ) and ask politely if he would have the original schematics for the Legends kits, and if he has no plans to make 'em, maybe....?

All I need to do is make sure my anodizer can do a NICE, consistent Gold: I think this is important. In fact, if anyone knows an anodizer that has done good Gold in the past, do let me know- I've only had mine do Black, kinda hard to screw that up. Also, I have a tendancy to prettify stuff- Engraving, bevelled edges, etc. that I think will go over well (And does not add to the price.)

I have a car coming from a member hare so as to get going: I'll need occasional parts sent for measurements, but they will be returned quickly.

Technacraft-style wheels are something I've wanted to do for a long time: Stealth cases, bulkheads, shock towers, arms/mounts, etc......When do we start?? I own my own machines & do JUST R/C stuff full-time, so no more probs there!

I'm very glad Doug sent me this way, from a hobbyist perspective and not just business: I think things look bright Gents! Chris REC

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Here's a pic of that aluminum stealth case I bought before the guy stopped making them.
trans-case.JPG

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

How about some Tech racing parts for the optima?

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

NOPE!! :lol: Maybe, one day, if there's a good-sized need. Thing is, I must get a car every time I change, not that I'd mind an Optima! Kyosho got me started with the Turbo Rockies, after all. (Side story, when I was anodizing, I decided to do my Option House Platinum shock bodies in some colour or other: Turns out, not all Aluminum is created equal, and the acid bath just melted 'em into nothing!! :shock: :oops: :cry: I saved the mint, polished pieces, and just the other day found NIB shock bodies on the Bay, they'll be here soon- I'm very stoked.)

Anyway, what was the question? :) Aha! Projects depend on demand, time in vs $ out ratio, if I have the time, and if it's an interesting product, amongst other things. Post a pic of what you have in mind, can't hurt! Chris REC

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

toyranosaur wrote:Sure Farmer, if someone can send me a part & tell me what needs modded, I can likely do those no prob. I have a CD with most of the old AE cars instructions on it, I'll dig it up- That may answer some questions. (Found it: It's the newer cars, gotta get an older version...) Basically, since I'm 1 guy & not a committee, if someone wants to send a part or 2 along & we can brainstorm what's wanted, I could be cutting stuff within days. Remember, the chap who loans me the part gets the part back plus a free new REC unit for their trouble! Lemme go check on the Vendor thang & we can commence, sound good to everyone? Chris
well chris i sorry but i cant send you my adapters there my only way of racing my buggy,so i can give you some pics and specs the best i can here you go
i dont know if this is enough, but from what i can imagine, 12mm hex stock 3/16 hole with a 1/4 indented bevel sloted for the pin maybe turned down,im also thinking due to the cave man stlye measuring tools that i have ,that if you where to take of 1/16 off the final im thinking that would be in the ballpark
thx chris
also i dont know where my pic quotes went but
the measurements on the adapter are 1/8 thick x well its a butt hair under 1/2 but the hex is 12mm
Attachments
and this is how i got my numbers
and this is how i got my numbers
these are the specs i can get
these are the specs i can get
once again hard to see but its a butt hair short of a 1/2''
once again hard to see but its a butt hair short of a 1/2''
i know its hard to see but its 1/8 wide
i know its hard to see but its 1/8 wide
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!