another car sales scam?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slim_chance
Approved Member

another car sales scam?

Post by slim_chance »

I think so. I have my 1976 mercury cougar up for sale right now and I got a call from longwood inc. Or some thing like that. Some guy named "Matt" that was an obvious recording stated they have buyers in my area looking for my type of vehicle . I did a web search for the company name and number. Nothing I found was good. -d grade on the BBB complaints on the rip off report and a lot of post on forums saying they where a scam. I wasnt surprised with a company that ignored the do not contact with business offers on the CL page.
So I desided to call so I could have some fun. A female answered and I told her I got a call from "Matt" earlier. She said he was busy handling out going calls. Pretty much what others that contacted them said. So I said I was curious about what they do.
She goes into this spiel about how they find cars for clients and she asks me to confim the car I am selling. I told her and she said they have 4 potential buyers in my area. Then she said they normally charge 199.00 for their services but they are running a special for 99.00.
Then I said wow awesome deal let me just write you a check from the bank account that a Nigerian prince sent me money in.
Then silence on her part so I decided to tell her I am on to their scam. I actually use tobe a car spotter and you charge the buyer to find the car they want and I made decent money doing it. Also told her that I did research on the company and found nothing but negitive comments about them. She tried to defend the "company" buy saying the ccomplaints and BBB grade was from complaints about them calling people for business. I went on about the actual comments then gave her a chance to try to convince me but nothing but silence. Then she said I will tell him you are not interested thank you click.
Super phenominal cosmic plans! itty bitty bank account.

Procrastinators unite!......tomorrow.
My new Fb page by bashers for bashers. Rc bashers unite! http://www.facebook.com/RcBashersUnite

marlo
Approved Member

Re: another car sales scam?

Post by marlo »

Total rip of man. Even up in in Ontario, Canada, through kijiji there their. Sorry man NO deal. Sharks!!! :evil: