Losi XXX-NT rebuild

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

07stuntin6r

Losi XXX-NT rebuild

Post by 07stuntin6r »

I have had this car sitting for the past 14 years and I am finally trying to get it running again. For starters I have purchased new graphite towers and shock O-rings it get it started. The problem I am having is getting the motor to fire up. I purchased a used 0.s 12 cv engine that was off a RC10 and the crankshaft I believe is a little shorter therefore the mounts I had to grind to be able to mount the bell into the spur gear. Right now I have two of the screws from the motor into the mount and only 2 instead of 4 underneath securing the engine.

Also I tried to rig up a throttle linkage from traxxas parts and ended up ordering a new old stock throttle/brake linkage for the xxxnt.

Main question I have is would I be able to add a longer crankshaft to be able to make the engines clutchbell line up with the spur gear making me able to mount it like its suppose to? I purchased another O.S Engine as well but the crank is really short. The engine with the red heatsink is what I have mount now.
Attachments
os cv max.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
XXX-NT / RC10B5FT / HYPER 7 PBS / RC10B6.1LT

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: Losi XXX-NT rebuild

Post by klavy69 »

Yep, both of those look to be setup for the rc10gt style of crankshaft. You should be able to put another long crankshaft back in the motor. Which one are you going with for the final install? My LHS might have some still hanging on the hooks. Big OS supporters back in the 90's. Up a few years ago there was a local that was refurbishing all his OS motors so he ordered in a buttload of crankshafts for OS 12 and 15 motors. When the first order went partially on backorder the LHS ordered again for the first order to have both orders show up at once so he had a surplus at one point...

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

07stuntin6r

Post by 07stuntin6r »

Id like to use the red one since it is pullstart and I don't have a starter box. Ive found a couple online but I am not sure what I need. After looking at the manual I install a clutch nut, but cant find those anywhere.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

07stuntin6r wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:50 am Id like to use the red one since it is pullstart and I don't have a starter box. Ive found a couple online but I am not sure what I need. After looking at the manual I install a clutch nut, but cant find those anywhere.
those little red head .12cv motors are a good reliable power source and parts are still out there if you look hard enough. I'll drop into the LHS and see if he has a long crank for it. I know he had some Losi clutch nuts a long time ago but will check for that also.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

07stuntin6r

Post by 07stuntin6r »

klavy69 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 pm
07stuntin6r wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:50 am Id like to use the red one since it is pullstart and I don't have a starter box. Ive found a couple online but I am not sure what I need. After looking at the manual I install a clutch nut, but cant find those anywhere.
those little red head .12cv motors are a good reliable power source and parts are still out there if you look hard enough. I'll drop into the LHS and see if he has a long crank for it. I know he had some Losi clutch nuts a long time ago but will check for that also.

Todd
Awesome yeah let me know. That should be the only two things I need!!!

07stuntin6r

Post by 07stuntin6r »

Well got the engine to fire up but had my servo to tight on brakes and shaved teeth off my spur gear so now need another one!!!!!

07stuntin6r

Post by 07stuntin6r »

I'm about done fiddling with this thing lol. Got the engine, truck, JR radio, has Lunsford turnbuckles, metal diff gear, and brand new losi parts in bags such as....shock 0-rings, red shock pistons, graphite shock towers, diff spring/cup and various other items. Already has 1 graphite front arm and 2 rear arms.

07stuntin6r

Post by 07stuntin6r »

Got a spir gear but it's too big. Is there a way to eliminate the slipper and just run a gear? I need a 51t 32p gear that will fit my slipper assembly if not.