The Horror is True

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

juicedcoupe

Re: The Horror is True

Post by juicedcoupe »

R6cowboy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:39 am
juicedcoupe wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:53 pm Seeing one of my pan cars lay waste to a 1000cc Ninja for a couple hundred feet ended the "toy" talk with most of my family and friends.
That would be great. Almost anyone that sees me "play" with the r/c's, end up with a shocked look on their face. Some have referred to them as dangerous or violent. :lol:
That whole deal started with a friend of my brother (they were early 30's at the time). He had a Traxxas truck that had apparently whipped up on all the neighborhood kids. Knowing that I was into RC, my brother came to me to knock his friend down a notch.

I had a particularly evil cheap (Parma) pan car sitting there, with a 12T Peak and esc with traction control. It handled like garbage but was awesome in a drag race.

After dispatching his friend easily, they went looking for something that could beat it. The crotch rocket was the final straw.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

thats a great story!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

juicedcoupe wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:36 pm That whole deal started with a friend of my brother (they were early 30's at the time). He had a Traxxas truck that had apparently whipped up on all the neighborhood kids. Knowing that I was into RC, my brother came to me to knock his friend down a notch.

I had a particularly evil cheap (Parma) pan car sitting there, with a 12T Peak and esc with traction control. It handled like garbage but was awesome in a drag race.

After dispatching his friend easily, they went looking for something that could beat it. The crotch rocket was the final straw.
Great story indeed. Considering a ZX10R is going to cut about a 1.7 sec. 60' ft on the street with a GOOD rider, 1.9-2.0 sec. with average rider, a fast r/c is going to annihilate that. Don't know exactly how quick my Typhon 6s and/or the RC10T4.3 3s can 60' ft, but they would destroy a 1.7 sec. I can only imagine what went thru your brother's friend's head when he seen your pan car immediately rocket away from that bike. :mrgreen:
-Jerry-