RC Driver / 2008 V-Nats Article

The place for digital versions of race reports from various sources.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

RC Driver / 2008 V-Nats Article

Post by scr8p »

here it is...... only one page. maybe next year there'll be two. :wink:

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Re: RC Driver / 2008 V-Nats Article

Post by tecnica2001 »

that's awesome, I can't wait to buy a couple of issues. :D
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

They only give 8 pages to the Mini Nationals or to some random weekly 1/8th buggy race. :roll:

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

I guess it's time to start voicing our opinion to RCDriver :wink:

I'm happy though, that's the first time my picture is in a magazine about r/c cars. I'm now as famous as Brian Kinwald :mrgreen:
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Eau Rouge wrote:They only give 8 pages to the Mini Nationals or to some random weekly 1/8th buggy race. :roll:
yup... that's all that matters right now. :roll:

the whole reason i stopped getting rcca a few years back was because the only thing they cared to talk about was nitro, t-maxxes, and touring cars. no need spending money for a subscription for crap i cared nothing about. i also noticed nothing has changed, since i flipped through this issue of rcdriver and it was more of the same. a bunch of junk i care nothing about. who'da thought.................

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

I got my copy today :D

I agree with you Scr8p,

I stopped buying magazines, cause I got better info from the internet and from the track, than from the mags, another thing I hated, was how much they tried to push nitro cars down our throats.

Most of the people that see me running my cars outside, the first thing they ask me: "It's that a gas car??"

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

With the Lipo and Brushless combo going into the 8 scale, hopefuly that will change. gas is to much noise and mess! all the guy at my track are to bussy trying to keep them running to have any fun!! But they just went out of busness as of the 6th of December They sucked anyway.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

edwin pibal
Approved Member

Post by edwin pibal »

I dont know if you guys can get it in the States, but i buy a RC mag called Racing Lines, its a Austalian produced mag with alot of input from various rc drivers.

They dont know what a t-maxx is :D
Hi, my name is Ed, and im a addict.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

Wonder if they would post to US?

When was the last time they (the magazines) reviewed a POS car, and gave it the ratings it deserved? People would be much better off starting out in the hobby if they were better educated about the junk that is out there now a days.

I counted 37 full pages of Traxxas (speaking of junk) ads in the latest RCCA. How rediculous. I understand $ makes the world go round, but my god.

On another note, and this was mentioned before, the umptyscratch dirt oval race got 2 pages, and they even gave names out for the pictiure they had printed. I understand RC driver was kinda a sponsor of the race, but I will still let them know how poor the report was.
I bought a copy by the way.

tecnica2001
Approved Member

Post by tecnica2001 »

I heard, from one of the guys at RCHR, that it was only one page, because they did it for free, usually those pages cost $5000 each or so.

Although I would've liked more coverage, for RC Driver to do one page, at no charge to the Track, I think it was a good deal.

Hopefully it'll be bigger next year, so they'll probably do more than one page :wink:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

why would the track need to pay to have their race in a magazine? that makes no sense to me. they get their money from all of the manufacturer's ads.... like the 37 pages of traxxas crap brandon mentioned. i highly doubt that the track that hosted the 5th annual kansas dirt oval championships paid $10,000 for the 2 pages of coverage they got.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Guys, we're not the target audience for these mags. It's for 13-18 year olds that like RTR nitro stuff...hence 37 pages (good lord!) of Traxxas product.

I think vintage racers and current 1/10 scale buggy racers are in the minority now. If it's not 1/8 scale or monster truck, then it's not going to be in the magazine. Though, I believe vintage racing is the future. Most of us who were 13-18 in the 80s now have steady jobs and cash to spend on stuff we wanted that we couldn't afford back then.

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Post by Bongo Fury »

Hey Edwin, I am also interested in the Racing Line mag you mention, wonder if it's practical to get it in the States. Since it's a current publication I think we should be more respectful of copyrights, but perhaps a small sample could be shared, claim it's advertising? Cheers!