Who is this Duck

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Who is this Duck

Post by Halgar »

badhoopty wrote:
Halgar wrote:
a01butal wrote:Actually thought those movies were some of Clint's best, if he could of just got rid of that blonde.
Yeah, he did finally dump her! :lol: I never cared for her either, she was only in his movies because he was in a relationship her at the time.
god she was awefull, she almost ruins those movies for me nowadays.
Sandra Lock, as I recall. And, what do you mean "almost" ruins those movies? :mrgreen:

Now back up to read more about the duck. Someone hijacked our movie thread with relevant info. :lol: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

tizeye wrote:No never heard of Police Squad but I did see naked gun that was funny as hell..flying high was another wasn't it?
Flying High doesn't sound familiar.

if you like spoof movies, check out Hot Shots and Hot Shots Part Deux (sequel ). Hot Shots is a send up of Top Gun an Part Deux is a send up of Rambo. Charlie Sheen is the lead in both movies.

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

You know the captain of the aircraft is a blow up doll..or is it auto pilot?..anyway I think it was called flying high..

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

tizeye wrote:You know the captain of the aircraft is a blow up doll..or is it auto pilot?..anyway I think it was called flying high..
That's Airplane. The auto-pilot is a doll that springs a leak and the stewardess has to use the air inlet valve just below the dolls belt to blow it back up again. Afterwards they're both kicked back smoking a cigarette. :lol:

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Yeah that's it..just did a search on google here in New Zealand, the Philippines, and in Australia it was called Flying High...in other Countries it was called Airplane..so there ya go..same movie.

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Some newer pictures equally crazy are by the Farrelly Brothers who made "There's Something About Mary", "Me, Myself and Irene" and the stupendous "Dumb and Dumber".

This is all very interesting!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Yeah they are all great movies..mind you almost anything with Jim Carey in it is good..that guy is nuts..

Tizeye

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Post by Bongo Fury »

Airplane has many classic bits for sure. As an acoustics guy I like when they show the jet flying, with prop plane noise. And the classic (I paraphrase) "Surely you're not saying both pilots are sick" "Yes, they are both sick, and dammit quit calling me Shirley"

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Bongo Fury wrote:Airplane has many classic bits for sure. As an acoustics guy I like when they show the jet flying, with prop plane noise. And the classic (I paraphrase) "Surely you're not saying both pilots are sick" "Yes, they are both sick, and dammit quit calling me Shirley"
As I recall, there were several sound effects that were wrong - intentionally, no doubt. I think I loved Lloyd Bridges character the best. Every time there was a new crisis he'd say, "well, it looks like I picked the wrong time to quit drinking", or "quit popping pills", or quit some other addiction. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What about the pilots in the pilots introducing themselves then repeating each others name. Captain Over, this is captain Unger. Over, Under, Under, Over <Kareem goes HUH?>

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

I remember where Ted Stryker was sitting next to a nun on the plane and starting telling her his life story and it went into a bunch of different flashbacks and when the scene returned to Ted relating the story to the nun, she had gotten so bored with it she had hung herself. It cracked me up I could'nt stop laughing now it's been said I have that same effect on people. Hope nobodies dangling right now.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Bongo Fury wrote:Airplane has many classic bits for sure. As an acoustics guy I like when they show the jet flying, with prop plane noise. And the classic (I paraphrase) "Surely you're not saying both pilots are sick" "Yes, they are both sick, and dammit quit calling me Shirley"
My oldest friend in the world and I saw Airplane together when we were kids, and I actually use that "phrase" (Surely you blah blah blah), and he get the BIGGEST kick outta using that, ".....and STOP calling me Shirley" on me. After approx THIRTY years, he just laughs and laughs when he gets to do it. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet Ive seen it 20-25 times, not counting how many times Ive seen Airplane II. Come on....WILLIAM SHATNER ?????.... :lol: :lol: You had to make the Door Sound, "shhhht", before the Door would open, with the same sound, LOL. When I watch them, my Wife always says, "thats just SILLY". She just CANT grasp the concept, that ITS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!!

I could go on and on and on, with Airplane/Police Squad/Hot Shots/etc bits.....but what was this thread about, again?? :| 8) :roll: :lol: :lol:

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Should be retitled the "hijacked movie thread", how much can you write about a duck anyway.

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Post by purpletimbo »

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Well I'm now the proud owner of a duck with attitude..just have to find a place to put him..would look silly on the car (full size) so I have a friend making me a base for him..it is one hell of a conversation piece...I will take some pictures of him/her

Tizeye