Cox/Kyosho Circuit 1000 Buggy

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

shodog
Approved Member

Re: Cox/Kyosho Circuit 1000 Buggy

Post by shodog »

TM Ru22311 wrote:I have some Permatex white lithium grease, would that be suitable for the differential gears in the gearbox?

That should be fine as it's an all purpose grease. I use park bicycle bearing grease for my builds

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Thanks you Shodog :) I am expecting my screw kit and bearing set to be delivered tomorrow. Hoping to get some assembly done this weekend. I sent some picks to a local machine shop that offers Bright Dip anodizing services. I'm hoping the minimum charge isn't to expensive and I can get the parts anodized. I like the look of colored anodize and it would offer a great protective coating. I did some dip dying last night and it turned out pretty nice. I also got a few parts delivered the past few days.

My camera was about to die when I took this one....got to charge it tonight :/

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Received my Tomahawk screw kit from RCScrewz and NO flatheads!!! :evil: :x WTF?!? I noticed the price of these kits are $29.95 (Plus Shipping). I am greatly regretting not taking Lars' advise and just getting an original screw kit from eBay for $35! :( I guess you live and learn. I have contacted the owner. I want to see what he has to say about it.

After looking at some closeup pics of my polished aluminum parts, I am not really satisfied with the finish. I can still see a lot of scuffs and pitting. I think I will sand on them some more to get them factory new looking. I am not one for cutting corners (If I can help it).

KyoshoScorpionKid
Approved Member

Post by KyoshoScorpionKid »

What I really want to know is if they sent you a Tomahawk screw kit does it contain the screws I have been talking about the 2.3 or did they send you 2.5 because if they sent you 2.5 for where they are suppose to go THAT's FALSE ADVERTISING! I told you that those scews are specific to a Tomahawk.

RC

TM Ru22311 wrote:Received my Tomahawk screw kit from RCScrewz and NO flatheads!!! :evil: :x WTF?!? I noticed the price of these kits are $29.95 (Plus Shipping). I am greatly regretting not taking Lars' advise and just getting an original screw kit from eBay for $35! :( I guess you live and learn. I have contacted the owner. I want to see what he has to say about it.

After looking at some closeup pics of my polished aluminum parts, I am not really satisfied with the finish. I can still see a lot of scuffs and pitting. I think I will sand on them some more to get them factory new looking. I am not one for cutting corners (If I can help it).

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Yeah, I know you said that and I believe finding them will be a challenge. Did you receive the ones you ordered? Wondered if those were the right ones. If I was that guy and I couldn't find "Exact" matches, I would go with the next biggest size and include a tap in the kit. I have been to quite a few local places and the closest I have found is a 2.5mm. I have no idea what is in this kit as nothing is labeled. I have measured length, but I have no means of measuring diameter. There are NO flatheads at any rate :(

I will take a few pics of the kit and post them for everyone to see. I have sorted them best I could.

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

I think all the button head bolts are M3 and the others are M2.5 but I may be wrong. They are of nice quality and all, but the 2 specialty screws are really the deal breaker since they are so rare. Like I said, there are no flatheads at all. If you look at the pic on the website, it clearly shows flatheads. Not too happy about that. Like you said KSK...false advertising! :roll:

http://www.rcscrewz.com/product_info.php/p/kyo150-kyosho-tomahawk-vintage-stainless-steel-screw-kit/products_id/4569

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

These are the closest sized screws in the kit (there are 4 of them). You can visually see the size difference in the pic. It is very loose in the upright...way too small.

KyoshoScorpionKid
Approved Member

I've seen people tap that item out which is fine for a couple of cars I'm sure, but when you're dealing with A LOT of them you want everything to fit with having to tap sXXX. I hate these people who thinl they know what they are talking about, this IS NOT a Tamiya stop treating it like one. I've had these cars since I was 16 and I'm 46 now I know what I'm talking about!

AXXXXXXX!

TM Ru22311 wrote:These are the closest sized screws in the kit (there are 4 of them). You can visually see the size difference in the pic. It is very loose in the upright...way too small.

Last edited by klavy69 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: watch the language

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Got a reply from RCScrewz today and they said the 2 "Missing" flatheads are on the way. Now whether they will be the correct size or not is a different thing, LoL. I have decided if these don't fit, I am getting a 2.5mm tap set and be done with it. It seems 2.5mm bolts are far more common that the goofy size Kyosho decided to use. :roll: I did receive my TBG Tomahawk body and driver in the mail today, so I am pretty happy about that. I got an email from the local machine shop about my anodize request. Seems they don't offer that locally, but their Minneapolis, MN office does (With a $155 minimum charge). So that is not happening unless I find somewhere reasonable but after calculating what I have spent already on this project and not even having wheels yet, it's probably not going to happen. I will probably step away from this project for awhile to save up for wheels and then pick up where I left off. I wanted to give Michaelplatypuss1 a big thank you for his help as well as everyone here that has been so kind. I would not have got this far without all the help from you gentlemen. I still have a lot of work ahead of me and I will keep updates here of my progress.

If anyone comes across one of those gear base covers (SC-36) PLEASE let me know as soon as you can. I am still looking daily, but I don't want to miss a chance to get one. :wink: Thanks

TM

KyoshoScorpionKid
Approved Member

Ask and you shall receive.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Graupner-Kyosho-Scorpion-Getriebeabdeckung-Nr-4966-36-Raritat-OVP-NEU-/351031098543?pt=RC_Modellbau&hash=item51bb157caf

RC

If anyone comes across one of those gear base covers (SC-36) PLEASE let me know as soon as you can. I am still looking daily, but I don't want to miss a chance to get one. :wink: Thanks

TM[/quote]

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Thank You KSK! I have contacted the seller about shipping to the States....fingers crossed!
Just noticed it is an auction :/ I will give it my best go, lol

Dang, another issue is I don't see PayPal on that auction (Only cash on pick up and CreditPlus???). Waiting to see what the seller has to say, but not looking good for TM.

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Well, I have ordered my swing shaft arms from a German eBay seller, but this one looks complicated:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Graupner-Kyosho-Scorpion-Getriebeabdeckung-Nr-4966-36-Raritat-OVP-NEU-/351031098543?pt=RC_Modellbau&hash=item51bb157caf
__________________________________________________________________________________
A shipping to non-EU countries is possible, please ask for the shipping costs in advance!

For inquiries, please contact me at your disposal.

International buyer welcome.

A payment by Paypal is not possible, but an IBAN / BIC bank swift code is stored for international transfers.

This is a private sale, no warranty, return, exchange of the auctioned / purchased items.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Man, the only one I have ever seen and I can't even bid on it! Guess it was not meant to be :( Thanks anyway KSK :)

KyoshoScorpionKid
Approved Member

Did you buy it already? Maybe you should wait.

RC

TM Ru22311 wrote:Well, I have ordered my swing shaft arms from a German eBay seller, but this one looks complicated:

A shipping to non-EU countries is possible, please ask for the shipping costs in advance!

For inquiries, please contact me at your disposal.

International buyer welcome.

A payment by Paypal is not possible, but an IBAN / BIC bank swift code is stored for international transfers.

This is a private sale, no warranty, return, exchange of the auctioned / purchased items.

Man, the only one I have ever seen and I can't even bid on it! Guess it was not meant to be :( Thanks anyway KSK :)

TM Ru22311
Approved Member

Post by TM Ru22311 »

Would any of you know where to get some rubber bushings for the shocks? Maybe a part # for a brand that fits. I seen a set of 4 for a Scorpion listed on eBay for $17.95....there has to be a cheaper alternative. Going to be getting my shocks, motor and wiring soon. I think the funnest part of this project will be assembly, I can't wait. :)

KyoshoScorpionKid
Approved Member

Man you are so lucky you know us :)

http://kyoshoparts.blogspot.ca/

Check further down, there are shock bushings.

RC

TM Ru22311 wrote:Would any of you know where to get some rubber bushings for the shocks? Maybe a part # for a brand that fits. I seen a set of 4 for a Scorpion listed on eBay for $17.95....there has to be a cheaper alternative. Going to be getting my shocks, motor and wiring soon. I think the funnest part of this project will be assembly, I can't wait. :)