any1 from england here

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Synergy
Approved Member

Re: any1 from england here

Post by Synergy »

[email protected] wrote:WOW. does it handle better? Pretty crazy looking
Ellis Stafford took his X6 to victory in the 2008 UK National Championship.

However we have to keep reminding people it's not a new concept to convert an RC10 to mid motor Tekin did it years ago :wink:
TEKIN 2.jpg
TEKIN 5.jpg
Welcome to the forum the man that can :)
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

That's crazy, I had no idea anyone offered those. Really neat stuff

the man that can

Post by the man that can »

yes i guess its the age old exspression history repeating itself hehehe nice pics synergy and ummmm i guess most or nearly most has been done before when it comes to rc cars as with most things. all the various designs have plus and minus sides to them tho i think having the motor further forward on the b4 is definatly better. THO U STILL GET WHEELIES hehehehe specially with a 3 turn single brushless motor lol :lol:

AND THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOMING :mrgreen: THANKS TO EVERY1 WHO WELCOMED ME AND WHO READ N RESPONDED TO MY THREAD OK :)

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

[email protected] wrote:WOW. does it handle better? Pretty crazy looking
I want to get one. I have a spare B4 thats perfect for this, but i can't swallow the $180 price tag. Brian Kinwald drives for them, if that gives you an indication. http://www.2wdrc.com/2wdrc/index.htm

Welcome to the site! Always nice to have folks from across the pond join in.

MOmo

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Probably have to run it in 2wd mod then I would think.

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Post by Bongo Fury »

The father and son that are X Factory were at our multi track summer series race today. Chazz and Young Chazz they go by, the son is Paul Sinclair, not sure of his father’s first name. Yep, Brian Kinwald is a big part of their development. He was at the same race 2 years ago, believe Glixar Jay posted some stuff about that appearance. Lots of Losi BK boxes signed that day!

Yes, some of their best results have been in England. Seems the X-6 mid engine car is a bigger advantage on high traction tracks, such as the Astroturf and such type surfaces that are frequently used to deal with the rain as I understand it.

Believe they started with the X-5 4 wheeler. Basically a hybrid of the Losi XX-4 and XXX-4, the rough track suspension of the XX-4, with the more efficient drivetrain and easier to wrench on XXX-4 as I understand it.

Then the X-6 mid engine 2 wheeler. A conversion for the AE B4, plus 2 wheel drive I guess gets you to 6. Yes, somewhat similar to the Tekin mid engine kit. Also the X has been discussed here on y2kgtp’s thread about his mid engine Losi truck, some of their development efforts. They’ve reversed the motor direction to attempt to overcome one of the weaknesses of a simpler conversion, lack of rear traction in low traction conditions.

It is legal for stock class racing, stock rules only limit the motor. Same chassis rules, unless it's a spec class like the Slash craze or the Tamiya series. At least in the US anyway.

Bongo Fury
Approved Member

Post by Bongo Fury »

Halgar wrote:
[email protected] wrote:What's the factory x-6 conversion?
It's the one that come between the x-5 and the x-7 conversion kit. :lol: :wink: :wink:
Only half way correct, X-5, X-6, but then X-5 squared and X-6 squared are the new versions. :wink: :mrgreen:

Beats me how they come up with 36 Xs! It is The New Math I guess!

the man that can

hehehehe gosh lotsa responses and views here and interesting info too reguarding my post about my b4 with factory x-6 conversion :mrgreen: NICE reading all the posts and does seem here is a good place to :P

the man that can

?????

heres sumin i need to know fast lol WOULD a lrp sphere competition tc spec brushles esc run and be ok with my 3 turn brushless motor? was currently bidding on 1 on flebay.

Sphere Competition TC-Spec Specifications:
Modes: Brushless or Brushed
Throttle Profiles: Forward Only
Size: 33.1mm x 37.6mm x 32mm
Voltage Input: 4-6 cells (4.8-7.2V)
Motor limit, Brushless: Over 3 turns
Motor limit, Brushed: Over 4 turns
BEC: 5.5V/3.0A

APPARANTLY I FOUND SUMONE WHO IS RUNNING A 3.5 TURN brushless motor and it works fine. just wonderd as pointless in buying something if u know its gona get reckd and NOT up for the job in which u need it to be. ANY VIEWS apreciated (andi)

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

To be safe I would read "over 3T" to mean a max limit of 3.5T.

Be aware that any LRP "LIFETIME GUARANTEE" is none transferable from the original owner, quite a few have been caught out with this.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

the man that can

WELL I AM THE WINNING BIDDER SO FAR AND ITS ONLY AT £45 SO UMMMMM well if i can get it cheap il gamble and if it fry's then so what huh hehehehe. yes thanks 4 ur response i suppose its one of these does it or dont it scenarios i mean it may be fine with my 3 turn or it may just blow amediatly or after a few runs. well if i do end up gettin it il be sure to keep everyone posted on here to tell wether its ok or wether its blown lol. :lol:

the man that can

:)

oh heres a picture of my b4 with factory x-6 conversion and also heres a picture of my xxxs too hope everyone likes :mrgreen:
Attachments
060709164402.jpg
053009141639.jpg

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Is the rear end on your x-6 really narrow? Looks like it in the pic

the man that can

maybe by a few mm tho i dont think its loads narrower to be honest. dont have a standard b4 here so cant really compare it mate. MAYBE its just the angle of which i took the picture? :lol:

dont forget its sooooooooooo difrent with the motor not hanging off the back. also the spoiler is huge aswel and i think that make the rear look smaller and narrower then it really is.

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Oh yeah that could be. It does look like a lot fun