Just getting back into rc

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

JATO = BIG new school monster truck
RC10T = small old school original stadium truck

Two owners generally on different R/C planets.

ANYTHING can be made to fit any chassis. Whether it will look good, proportional, acceptable to a group of vintage collectors or even be interesting to blend such new design into a 20-year old car is entirely in the eye of the beholder and obviously remains to be seen.

And, no. There aren't other known forums on a fringe collector's topic of a fringe hobby that move faster than this. We don't live in an instantaneous world, regardless of what MTV, ESPN and Google would lead you to believe. You asked your last question on Friday night, which would stand to reason why you didn't receive spontaneous resolution to your query. Have some patience, young grasshoppa. There is a vast wealth of historical knowledge on display in this forum every day, and many others learning of it all at a rapid rate. While you may not get an instant response to the odd question here and there, you will most certainly have the best shot at finding the information you seek right here in this forum.

I think the major lack of response to your question stems from the fact that you will be hard pressed to find anyone anywhere who would be able to cross reference two polar opposite truck kits 20-years apart, and a random ubiquitous truck body from ProLine. There is only ONE way to find out for sure, and that's to get out the trimming tools and start cutting. Then, when someone asks about it somewhere in a bizarro world somewhere, you can step up to your home computer and state proudly that you know the answer.

Until then, though, you're S.O.L. for a definitive solution. ;) :P :D

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

The JATO is a 1/10 scale nitro from Traxxas found here: http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/jato33/trx_jato_intro.htm

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

a T3 body will fit on an old rc10T very nicely. you just need to extend the rear body mounts. :wink:

scottfair2003

Post by scottfair2003 »

Thanks for all the response.

I hope that noone took my comment about the thread moving slow as an insult. I am just very excited to be getting back into rc again.

I ended up with the JATO body because of the fact it said 1/10 scale truck body...........which seems to be a somewhat rare find to find anything that fits a 1/10 scale truck. I sure hope it will fit. I ordered it right after winning that ebay auction.

Well the towerhobbies shipment got here and I got to putting on the stickers and painting etc while anticipating recieving the ebay package. I will probably run it once to see what works and what does not, then begin stripping it down and rebuilding it.....it is already a frankenmobile so it ought to be interesting to find some upgrades for. I intend on making it an old school new school blend.........basically I want it to run good and have a chance competing in local track events. I want to see about upgrading it to lipo/brushless.....concerned about the tranny though.

Forgive my thirst the rediscover this rc car thing. I have been out of the sport since late 80s so I am just excited!!
none yet