happy birthday Ruffy!!!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Lonestar
Approved Member

Re: happy birthday Ruffy!!!

Post by Lonestar »

Happy B'day Mr.Rios. Go show them that this extra 8mm thing is pure BS :mrgreen:

Best
Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

Happy birthday!

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Happy belated one Ruffy!

Ruffy
Approved Member

Post by Ruffy »

Thank-you to everyone on the well wishes! I had a great birthday weekend and fun with friends, loved ones and family. 48 doesn't feel too old, but each morning my body reminds me of my age!

Thanks again to everyone, I had a great weekend racing on Sat and Sun! Saturday, Newreds Short Course Kings Race Series, with a one time added 2WD Open Class, I signed up for 2WD SCT Mod (Pro 2 Mod) and 2WD SCR SuperStock (Pro 2 SuperStock using13.5 max) with Jeremy Harris' SC10 from Associated courtesy of Jeff Harris lending me their truck for this series. I also signed up for 2WD Modified as usual racing my latest fun car, the TLR 22.
Results of Saturday: 1st place in Pro 2 SuperStock, 2nd place in Pro 2 Mod, 2nd place in 2WD Mod behind AE/Jconcepts driver and friend Paul Wynn. Caught him in the main but just could not get by so held right behind him in case he made a mistake as the track surface got loose. Paul is consistantly very fast and great to race with on any surface.
JConcepts handed me a bag of prototype test wheels for the TLR22 that will be out soon if the test results are good, and I cannot see why not as they are exact duplicates of the TLR wheels for the 22. Will be easier to get JC 22 wheels now!

The next morning on Sunday, I then went to an outdoor track with my wife and Jeff, Jeremy and Dennis Harris to race the Florida State Off-Road Series (FSORS) at Outacontrol Raceway in Ocoee, Fl. I signed up for the 2WD Modifiied class and Pro 2 Modified classes (Short Course 2WD). After the 1st round I was TQ in both classes, then after the 2nd round Jeremy was TQ in 2WD Mod and I retained my TQ in the 2WD SCT Mod class.
The 2nd round of qualifying was faster due to the track crew blowing off the sand from the fast line for the first time, but I flipped upside down on one of the laps trying to "single- then double" a triple section where I was successful for a few laps due to the extra traction but then "cased-it" on one lap as Jeremy smartley drove a conservative race keeping it on all four tires. I didn't attempt this again for the rest of the day.
Results from Sunday: 1st in 2WD Modified and 2nd in Pro 2 Mod

Pro 2 Mod report:
I blew the first turn in the race when a gust of strong wind pushed the SC10 way-off of the line into the sand line and had to come back from 6th place, almost catching 1st at the end. I slowly had to figure out how to take the jumps with all that wind too, and once I figured it out I hunted down 1st place. It was my very first experience with the effects of strong side winds on the short course truck bodies as I had never used Jeremy's SC10 outdoors, and only raced it twice on indoor tracks... huge lesson learned! During qualifying the wind was not a factor at all, but the wind conditions changed drastically right before the main and we were the first ones up. Again, I learned something new that I had no expereince with today, so it was a good day of learning.

We had a blast together that day, all of us pitting under the Harris Tent Compound and I hope to do more of these with them in the future.

Thanks again to everyone who has wished me well, and sorry for the race report rant!
:D

seth556
Approved Member

Post by seth556 »

Didn't realize it was your Birthday last weekend! Seems like you gave yourself a pretty good present with a great weekend of racing. Thanks for all the tips up at NewRed, they really helped out in the main as I was able to be very consistent and beat Austin who was faster but not quite as consistent.